Posted May 1, 2014 | 1 Comment
Brides: looking for bridal makeup tips? You’ve come to the right place! We interviewed makeup artist and expert Dhalia Edwards to ask her some of our favorite bridal makeup questions. See Dhalia’s favorite makeup trends for brides, get a glimpse at some recommended brands, and find out how to keep your bridal makeup looking fresh + flawless all day long. PLUS, get inspired by some of her makeup artistry from Real Brides! Read on for more…
Bridal Makeup Tips
1. When should brides-to-be have a makeup trial run done?
“I prefer to do a trial run application, prior to the wedding. 6-9 months in advance. This allows the opportunity to meet and collaborate. This is where we can work together on creating the look you visualize. Also, depending on the season you may want to find and book your makeup artist pretty quickly to avoid any date discrepancies.”
2. What is your favorite makeup trend for brides right now?
“Lately I’ve been into very ‘clean look’. Subtle, delicate, clean, and pretty. Don’t get me wrong: colors and smoky eyes are fun, too. Depends on the moment, mood and client.”
3. Do you use airbrush makeup? Why or why not?
“As of now no we don’t, although I’ve been interested in investing in one for a while. We haven’t really had the need since we use nothing but top-of-the-line products. Maybe down the line we will incorporate it as an option.”
4. What are your three favorite makeup products?
“The top three favorite brands we use are Makeup Forever, MAC, and NARS.”
5. What are some tips for keeping makeup looking flawless all (wedding) day long?
“Using blotting sheets or dusting a little HD powder to absorb any oils. My favorite powder is Makeup Forever HD powder.”
6. If I could give brides-to-be my favorite makeup advice, it would be…
“To take care of your skin, it’s the most important key to flawless makeup application. SPF 35 or more, moisturizers and weekly facials are a must.”
To find out more about this Virginia wedding makeup artist, ask questions, or make an appointment for your bridal makeup, visit DhaliaEdwards.com. Dhalia Edwards is a preferred wedding vendor in The Bridal Book at Emmaline Bride. See her business listing here.
Like this post?
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure page.
About the Author
Latest posts by Emma Arendoski (see all)
- Groomsmen Plan Surprise Wedding Dance, Goes Viral - September 3, 2014
- 32 Secrets Wedding Photographers Wish You Knew - September 2, 2014
- 8 Ways to Have More Fun With Your Table Numbers
(+ Giveaway) - September 2, 2014