Posted July 19, 2013 | 59 Comments
Hello, loves! Today we’re talking about modern ideas for something blue. We’ve all heard of the same tried-and-true ‘blue’ finds, like a wedding garter or a blue ribbon sewn into your gown. While lovely, we’re ready for something fresh + new! We’re tossing out the traditional playbook and sharing eighteen modern ideas for something blue. These finds will prove that this vintage tradition is anything but old-fashioned. Read on to see which ideas made the cut and find out how you can win something blue (or gifts for your bridesmaids) for your big day. Enjoy!
Modern Ideas for Something Blue
When I started searching for modern something blue ideas, I was amazed at the beautiful items I found. Some of the most unique ideas include a temporary tattoo, blue soled sandals, an iPhone case (for your phone in your wedding clutch), a navy blue bolero, a feminine navy blue bra, and yes — even “borrowed & blue” nail polish. I love the light blue locket (#7): I picture it wrapped around one’s bouquet and worn after the wedding. There’s a little something here for everyone… and, if I had to pick a favorite, I don’t think I could. Can you?
Ah, I love them all! To find out more about any of the products shown, click on its image above (or find the link below). I only wish I knew of these modern something blue ideas while planning my own wedding! Check out the vendors list below and scroll down for the attached giveaway – you won’t want to miss it!
1. modern something blue dress sash by the ritzy rose
2. embroidered monogram veil by gracefully girly
3. solid lace thong in blue eyes by aerie
4. navy blue multi-way bra in navy heather by aerie
5. modern something blue drop earrings by rustic gem jewelry
6. nail polish in borrowed & blue by essie
7. blue charm locket by the blooming thread
8. dipped in blue feather hair pin by graceful hunter
9. modern something blue pin by love of pretty
10. navy blue pump heels – lacie by badgley mischka
11. blue sapphire twig halo ring by kristin coffin
12. bridal sandals with blue sole by bella belle shoes
13. i do temporary tattoo by your happily ever after
14. modern something blue iphone cover by dear lc
15. blue tear drop pendant necklace by love of pretty
16. something blue statement necklace by helena noelle couture
17. navy blue bolero by empress bride (photo: heather nan photo)
18. modern something blue earrings (with a hint of gold) by love of pretty
Our friends at Love of Pretty are offering two gift certificates to two lucky Emmaline Bride readers! One reader will receive a $50 gift certificate and a second reader will receive a $25 gift certificate towards anything in their shop! Enter between 7.19.13 – 7.25.13 (11:59pm EST) using the entry form below. Good luck!
Now it’s your turn: what is your ‘something blue’? Which of these modern ideas for something blue is your favorite?
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure page. This post may not be reproduced or duplicated without written consent of Emmaline Bride.