June 5, 2012 | 3 Comments
Happy Tuesday! There are few things I (Emma here!) love more than DIY projects turned heartfelt gifts, which is why I’m excited to share our exclusive new DIY project with you today. Our DIY wedding hankie can be tied around your bridesmaid’s bouquet as a wrap, placed in her clutch purse as a personalized accessory, or wrapped around a jewelry gift + tied with ribbon as functional, re-usable gift wrap. It can be wrapped in a ribbon and gifted to your mom, grandma, or aunt (to catch those joyous tears). And, it can be placed in your own clutch purse just in case you need it during the ceremony. Hankies are inexpensive (around $4 for a pack of six) and its uses are endless. This DIY wedding hankie project costs little out of pocket, requires little know-how (beginners: rejoice!), and there is almost no clean-up. Plus, you’ll have an excuse to buy a few new crafting projects for your DIY arsenal: I swear, these little alphabet stamps are used by me almost daily. So, if you’re ready to get started, read on to find out how to craft these beautiful bridesmaid hankies just in time for those joyous tears! Enjoy!
DIY Wedding Hankie
For this project, you’ll need…
– hankies (we used white hankies… you can use a vintage patterned hankie if you prefer)
– alphabet stamp set
– permanent ink pad in black
– decorative stamp (we used a skeleton key stamp from JoAnn’s)
1. Fold hankie lengthwise; at one corner, apply decorative stamp.
2. Above stamp (or below, depending on size) use your alphabet stamps to personalize with your bridesmaid’s name.
3. Allow to dry.
4. When dry, use to wrap a jewelry gift box (+ tie with a ribbon), wrap in twine and place in a tote bag, or knot securely around your bridesmaid’s bouquet on the wedding day.
*EB NOTE: Hankies aren’t just for the ladies! Gift your groom, groomsmen, father, grandfather, or uncle with a personalized wedding hankie with a batch of decorative (albeit manly) stamped handkerchiefs he’ll love.
We hope you enjoyed this DIY! We plan on unveiling an entire series of exclusive DIY projects, so please bookmark our blog + visit us again soon! (Better yet, sign up for FREE updates so you never miss a post!)
* * *
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure page. This post may not be reproduced or duplicated without written consent of Emmaline Bride.