Good morning! Get ready to kick off the new week with the biggest burlap wedding round-up you’ve ever seen! If you are planning a rustic + handmade wedding, you’ll especially love this post. Rustic weddings utilize natural fibers such as burlap, one of our favorite and most inspiring decorative touches. You may have seen burlap used in wedding decor tied around mason jars, as a fabric to cover ring pillows, or as natural table decor… but the inspiration doesn’t stop there! Find out which fifty awe-inspiring burlap wedding ideas made the cut after the jump!
50 Unique Burlap Wedding Ideas
1. Start out your wedding planning on the right foot with burlap wedding save the dates, pictured above. These handmade save the dates are adorable come complete with your own custom specifications by A Visual Concept.
2. Make sure that first step down the aisle is themed to your wedding with burlap wedding shoes made with two hands and lots of love by the talented Hydra Heart. Many colors available!
3. Who says a bride can’t show off a little rustic flair with her wedding day wear? This unique burlap wedding veil by Mojo Spa Style is pretty, feminine, and features just a dash of burlap detailing.
4. If you’re planning a rustic wedding, don’t forget to add a small burlap element to your ensemble. This handmade wedding dress sash is made with satin and features a small piece of burlap beneath the flower. Handmade with love by ProjectU specifically for your wedding day. Perfect for bridesmaids, too!
5. Looking for a more manly boutonniere? Skip the pink rose and opt instead for a more au naturale look like this one spotted via Sparkle and Posy. Natural burlap and wheat complete the homespun look.
6. If the groomsmen have their burlap boutonnieres, what about the bridesmaids? Gift each girl with one of these pretty burlap flower corsages which can be tied around her wrist as a flower corsage or attached to a pin and worn on her dress. This burlap flower is handmade by Vintage Violet Style and we adore it.
7. Your bridal ensemble isn’t complete without a garter… so, naturally, we couldn’t help but share this burlap wedding garter handmade by Krumpets Weddings. There are plenty of rosette colors to choose from to coordinate with your wedding – just ask! This small hint of burlap is brilliantly sewn to the front, which means it won’t irritate your skin.
8. Bridesmaid bouquets – wrapped in burlap handles and crafted with fabric flowers – is one whimsical touch we always welcome. Who says flowers have to be real to be beautiful? These are handmade with love and never wilt, which means your bridesmaids won’t toss them at the end of the night. A pretty vase in her office or bedroom will keep these bouquets lasting forever! Handmade with love by A Simple Start.
9. Groomsmen and the ring bearer can complete their wedding day look with a burlap bow tie to match. We found this appropriately styled bow tie at Anna Runa and we love it. This is a faux burlap fiber, but who will be able to tell? After all, a real one might be too tough to tie and tad itchy for the ring bearer, so we think a faux is in order. Beautiful work!
10. Skip the standard florist-made bouquet wrap and opt instead for one that suits your wedding theme. This bouquet is given a splash of rustic charm with a simple burlap wedding bouquet wrap by Kate Said Yes. Perfect!
11. What’s cuter than a flower girl or ring bearer walking down the aisle? One wearing a burlap wedding crown, of course! This oh-so-sweet crown features burlap and whimsical flowers for the sweetest touch of wedding aisle style. Handmade by the lovely Lillian Grace Creations and made just for you.
12. One of our favorite ways to tie in one’s love for burlap into a wedding ceremony? A burlap wedding runner! This one is made by the folks at Romancing Juliet.
13. Highlight your rustic wedding theme at the ceremony by distributing burlap wedding programs to guests. This handmade wedding program by Sans Serif Design makes us smile: burlap and lace never looked so sweet!
14. Top your cake with a burlap wedding cake topper! This pair of love birds, crafted by the folks at Cotton Bird Designs, will have you grinning from ear to ear at cake cutting time and on your 50th wedding anniversary. These are birds too cute to toss, so they’ll become a family keepsake for generations.
15. Decorate your ceremony or reception site with burlap flower cones filled with your favorite bloom. Hang from hooks on exterior fixtures, on shepherd hooks lining your aisle, or with a ribbon from the backs of chairs. You can also have your flower girl carry a flower cone such as this in lieu of a traditional basket. We spotted this one at Sweet C’s.
16. A rustic wedding isn’t complete without one of our favorite ideas: a burlap wedding table runner. This table runner is by Shop Leah and we love its intricately placed squares. A burlap table runner goes from reception table to dinner table in seconds flat, making this idea one of our favorites. Who doesn’t love reusable wedding decor?
17. Instead of asking your ring bearer to carry a ring pillow, ask him to carry a whimsical ‘here comes the bride’ sign instead! This burlap sign has stolen our hearts and was crafted by Bee Inspired Signs. How cute can you get? This is also a great idea in case you have more than one ring bearer (can’t choose between two of your nephews?) or a group of flower girls too small to throw petals. It is a great task one of your little bridal party members would be happy to tackle.
18. Dress up your dinner tables with custom cutlery cases made with burlap and adorned with your favorite color flower. These burlap cutlery cases are handmade by Little White Boutique and will look great at each guest’s place setting.
19. Give guests a little walk through your story by displaying a bit about where you’ve been. This burlap wedding sign features the state of Michigan, but yours can be customized to suit your location best. If you left your heart in San Francisco only to be reunited in vows, or fell in love in the college dorm in Chicago, pay homage to the state that brought you down the path to love with a custom sign by Old and New Shoppe. After the wedding, display in your love nest as a keepsake.
20. A rustic wedding guest book requires a pen for guests to write in their heartfelt messages. We love this one by Memories Made Boutique wrapped in sturdy burlap and decorated with a custom heart and flower at the end.
21. If you plan to have a guest book table, ensure guests will be able to find it with a custom burlap banner like this one we spotted at Lazy Caterpillar. Simple, sweet, and functional!
22. Wine bottles can play so many roles in your wedding day. Wine bottles can be given to guests as wedding favors or placed on tables to prominently display a particular table number. We love these burlap wine bottle bags by Funkyshique which can dress up your favorite bottle and make them ready for gifting.
23. A boring cork board gets a complete county-chic makeover with this look by Elegance Farmhouse. This cork board can display escort cards, place cards, your menu, or photographs of you and your beau to showcase to guests in the utmost shabby chic style.
24. Is your flower girl intimidated to walk down the aisle and toss petals? Give her a little more confidence with a flower girl wand, which will make her feel more like a princess than the center of attention. She can walk down by herself, holding a teddy bear, or with another flower girl friend as they twirl these burlap wedding wands, crafted by Kate Kate NYC. This is such a brilliant idea, one which can be reused after the wedding day. Your flower girl will love to show off her pretty princess wand even after the wedding day.
25. Brides: a gift your bridesmaids will love to use even after the wedding day? A tote bag. Add sequins and they’ll love it even more, particularly around the holidays! This burlap wedding tote with sequins is by Panbeh. Fill with the wedding day essentials, her favorite bath products, or a few spa essentials (think: cozy slippers!) for a great thank you gift she’ll love.
26. What is it about the ampersand that makes hearts melt? It’s probably the way it ties two things together, like peanut butter & jelly, or Pam Beasley & Jim Halpert. This ampersand will tie you and your new spouse together as a sweet decorative piece at your head table, placed in between. When guests take a peek at you kissing, they’ll get a picture-perfect snapshot of you “&” him. This ampersand is wrapped in burlap for a rustic flair and is handcrafted by the lovely Duryea Place Designs.
27. Sometimes, a chair is just a chair… other times, a chair becomes a focal point by incorporating a whimsical, rustic element to your decor. The people at Gladys Cole have brilliantly transformed ordinary burlap by spinning it into romantic rosettes to adorn the backs of your chairs. We love how it creates a more romantic backdrop, setting the tone for a rustic themed event.
28. It’s no secret that we love burlap table runners, but add in a ruffle and we’re in heaven. For instance, this burlap table runner with ruffles is handmade by Just Kate Etc. and is brimming with rustic charm!
29. A ceremony door or reception site can be easily dressed up with a wreath. If you want to add a thematic approach, consider a rustic wedding wreath like this one spotted at Tara Alexander Designs which is wrapped in burlap and adorned with pretty floral embellishments.
30. Make sure guests can find their tables with ease by providing these rustic-inspired burlap table numbers handmade with love by Rustic Blend. The combination of standard picture frames + burlap never looked so lovely!
31. Decorate the side of a barn, tie two ends around trees, or add a backdrop to your cake table with a whimsical burlap garland made by Sweet To My Heart. We love the red lovebirds and the custom initials for a personalized touch. This would also work well tied to the backs of the bride and groom’s chairs at the sweetheart table or head table.
32. A tote bag with burlap and stripes, along with a study rope handle? Count us in! We love this unique design by the folks at Unoriginal Americain and we think your bridesmaids will adore it, too.
33. If you’re planning a wedding that also highlights your love for reading, consider gifting bookmarks as wedding favors. The folks at Very Verdant would be happy to help you out with these cleverly crafted monogram bookmarks that are as sweet as they are functional.
34. Stainless steel flasks are fine for groomsmen, but consider upping the ante a bit with these we spotted at Hair of the Dog. Wrapped in burlap and custom stamped? Oh, yes please! Your groomsmen will love them (and re-use after the wedding day).
35. If you love the look of burlap but aren’t keen on the chair sash idea, consider a burlap chair cover instead. This burlap wedding chair cover by Sweet C’s features a small chalkboard section to write the guest’s name on the back, which means you’ll have a chair decoration and place card in one! If the thought of writing guests’ names the day of the wedding sounds overwhelming, use this idea as a way to mark the head table or special reserved seating.
36. Wrap up ordinary mason jars with burlap, stamped with your wedding date for a prime personalization factor. These mason jar burlap wraps are made by Sophia’s Sign Boutique and can tie in your wedding colors, too.
37. If you’re planning a rustic wedding, burlap favor bags are a must-have. Fill with your favorite candies or scented soaps for guests to take to-go. These burlap bags are handmade by Paper Moon by Kat and we think they’re adorable.
38. Have your ring bearer carry a pillow that ties into your wedding theme like this burlap ring pillow by Duryea Place Designs. The flowers add a whimsical touch!
39. If your bridesmaids are tech-obsessed, gift them with pretty covers in which they can carry those devices. We adore this iPad case which is handmade by Day of the Thread and features natural burlap with green leaves.
40. A backdrop with pretty ribbons and burlap makes a darling decorative piece for your rustic wedding. This backdrop is handmade by Just Kate Etc. and features green mixed with natural burlap.
41. A rustic wedding isn’t complete without a record of guests’ signatures! This burlap wedding guest book by Trat Girl features a sturdy burlap cover and a personalized sign on the front. This is one book that won’t gather dust on your bookshelf – it’s too cute to hide behind the others. Friends at your home will love to flip through its pages to reveal heartfelt messages by those whom you love most.
42. This metallic gold striped burlap clutch features a pretty botanical print on the inside for a pop of unexpected color. Grab one for yourself and one for each of your bridesmaids, too. Handmade by Unoriginal Americain.
43. Wrap up guests’ napkins with these adorable rosette burlap napkin rings crafted by Old and New Shoppe. We also like the small red threading along the sides to add color.
44. Instead of wearing your heart on a sleeve, thread it along a string instead. This burlap wedding banner featuring hearts is handmade by I Wished For You. Wouldn’t it be cute to have yours made with printouts of your favorite poetry? We certainly think so.
45. Looking for a groomsmen gift he’ll actually use? Consider a burlap wallet like this one crafted from recycled coffee bean sacks by ApRi. There are plenty of styles to choose from, but this one is our favorite:
46. Gift your bridesmaids with a small token of your appreciation in the form of a sweetly handmade burlap necklace. This one features a dragonfly print embroidered onto burlap with ribbon. Isn’t it lovely? There’s even a coordinating dragonfly ring pillow if you’d prefer a matching set.
47. “Pick” your favorite color and have it transformed into long-lasting, never-wilting, allergen-free burlap flowers by Shabby Delights Studio. Place in a vase as a centerpiece or as a favor with a place card attached.
48. If you’re passing out wedding cd mixes to guests as a favor, skip an ordinary envelope in lieu of a burlap wedding cd case! These are handmade by Serendipitous Sisters.
49. Wrap up a natural gift – like birdseed hearts – in burlap like these by Nature Favors. Sweet, simple, and good for the birds – it’s a win, win!
50. And, last but certainly not least… if there’s a special bride and groom in your life, consider a handmade wedding gift like these burlap wedding pillows. Each pillow in the series together reads “happily ever after” and will look great in their love nest, either on a couch as throw pillows or in the bedroom. These handmade wedding pillows are crafted by Sheri Sew Sweet.
This post contains sponsorship or affiliate links. See our disclosure page.