Here’s another new Ask Emmaline question for you! This question comes to us from Candace who wants to know how to bling out her wedding reception. Specifically, she wants glamorous wedding decor for her reception space, but wants it to look tasteful. She writes,
Hi Emmaline Bride, I want to add bling to my wedding because I’m all about the sparkle and want it to be very elegant looking. How do I add bling or glamorous wedding decor to my wedding without going overboard? I want glam but not gaudy. My colors are black and gold with a little hot pink. Thanks for your advice..
First of all, I love your colors! Black and gold with a splash of hot pink sounds gorgeous! Since you have such a powerful punch of color, it’s going to be really easy to add glamorous wedding decor to your space without overwhelming, as long as you take a few things into consideration. Here are two tips to help…
When adding glamorous wedding decor, remember:
- Less is more. To make your reception glam and not gaudy, be very selective on what areas you decide to “bling out”. Don’t add rhinestones to every single detail (i.e. place cards and escort cards and favor tags and chargers, all with rhinestones — that might get a little overwhelming). Instead, it’s OK to be choosy: opt for rhinestones on your napkin rings but go more natural on place cards; or, deck out chairs with chiffon sashes that have a diamante accent, but skip the sequin tablecloth. You get the idea.
- Always opt for the highest-quality decorations possible. Always choose high-quality bling wedding reception decorations rather than trying to skip and save some money. The blinged-out weddings that look ultra glam vs. gaudy don’t necessarily cost more; rather, the decorations are made of higher quality. Skip things like “bulk” or “cheap” and always read reviews before you buy.
Now that you know the basics, let’s get inspired with some seriously gorgeous bling wedding reception decorations! We kick off the list with the ultimate in glamorous wedding receptions — bling napkin rings from Totally Dazzled.
Glamorous Wedding Decor — Inspiration
Here are some of our favorite glamorous wedding decor picks that never go out of style. Whether you opt for striking gold or sparkling silver, keep the same metal throughout and use sparingly! We love…
1. Add these sparkly napkin rings
Impress guests with these napkin rings to hold linens. By Totally Dazzled.
Also loving these napkin rings. I always love the look of a gold charger.
2. Use a glittery table runner
by love burlap
…or a sparkly glitter one, like this runner in gold:
3. Seat your guests with place cards + a little bling
4. Dress up your reception tables with these glittery table numbers
5. Add a sequin tablecloth to your cake table
By 3e Events.
by 3e events
6. Seat guests at these blinged-out placemats
They’re just the right size to be glamorous, yet elegant. By Arcadia Wedding Design.
… or square. Looks great under centerpieces, too:
7. Use these vintage wedding vases as centerpieces
Bling doesn’t necessarily need to include rhinestones or sequins; vintage glassware offers a brilliant sparkle without any diamantes. So pretty! By Shifting Years.
8. Top the cake with an ombre monogram cake topper
This topper is a single monogram that offers a serious punch of pretty. By Studio Bloom Iowa.
9. Add this extra-long tulle skirt to the head table
Ooh la la! By UnSempliceSi.
Or … a shorter tulle skirt for tables:
10. Bling out your guest book with gold foil
By Starboard Press.
11. Add this rhinestone cuff to your bouquet
By Bridal Bling.
by bridal bling
12. Use this mirror signage for your menu
13. These glitter candle holders
By Kate Aspen.
by kate aspen
14. Use these glass candle holders in your centerpiece design
They add just a hint of gold glam to your decor. You’ll love using them at home after the big day, too. By ElevenDecorShop.
… and these! Just make sure you buy these long-burning tea light candles so they don’t go out mid-reception.
15. This sequin ring pillow
16. This fab candelabra for your head table
17. These sparkly favor bags
18. These rhinestone favor boxes
And there you have it… easy ways to bling out your wedding! What do you think of these glamorous wedding decor ideas? Tell us in the comments below.