Hi, loves! Emma here. When I used to think of burlap, I pictured rope or netting or large bags of rice or coffee beans. Now when I think of it, I imagine rustic table runners and burlap-covered favor jars and delicate chair sashes with baby’s breath tucked into its center. Burlap is a woven fabric made from jute plant or sisal fibers. It has many practical uses in landscaping and manufacturing, but now it is one of the most sought-after crafting materials — especially for weddings. With its rough texture, it’s hard to believe that burlap has charmed its way into the hearts of brides, but it has! And we know that burlap for weddings is here to stay. And just when you thought you’ve seen it all when it comes to burlap, think again: we’ve rounded up thirty-five new uses for burlap for your wedding decor, gifting, accessories, and more.
So, grab a huge cup of coffee (it is Monday, after all, and make sure you put it in a happy mug) and get ready to be inspired! Enjoy!
P.S. Need to order burlap in bulk? Try your local hardware store, craft shop, or try here.
Ways to Use Burlap for Weddings
1. This cute wedding direction sign
Place at your ceremony or reception space so guests know they’re in the right place.
2. These adorably functional save the dates
They’re actually burlap drink koozies. Great idea!
3. Send chic burlap inspired wedding invitations
4. Use a bit of burlap twine around your programs, too
5. When thinking favors, opt for something like burlap wrapped succulents
These are so cute! Great for rustic or modern weddings.
6. These small favor bags with a heart are cute for candy
7. Or these wholesale wine bags as favors / wedding party gifts
8. Burlap can be wrapped around your bouquet
9. Or wrapped around a large monogram letter
10. Capture your first few moments as Mr and Mrs with a burlap banner
11. Use a burlap design print on your bridal shower invites
12. A burlap design print on programs is lovely, too
13. Pick a guest book covered in burlap
14. And garland to direct guests to scribble in it
15. Have guests wave these cute burlap ribbon wands at your ceremony
16. And have your ring bearer carry a cute burlap-wrapped ring pillow
17. Burlap can decorate your flower girl’s basket
18. It also adds texture to your reception tables
19. It looks great as a burlap runner for your sweetheart table
20. Also at your sweetheart table, add a comfy pillow with favorite lyrics
Here is just one example (and boy, do I love this song):
21. We love burlap wrapped centerpieces
22. And these amazing burlap-wrapped tree favors for the holiday season
23. Burlap can keep your silverware looking neat
24. Burlap will look beautiful as chair sashes on sweetheart chairs
25. Use burlap place card holders to mark each guest’s seat
26. And wrap napkins around these holders made of burlap and clay
27. Burlap flower bouquets last forever — and look beautiful, too
28. And, of course, a burlap boutonniere to match
29. Wear a burlap garter with your initial or new name on it as a charming keepsake
We love this petite garter made with burlap from Aristocrafts:
And this garter which features your new name from Brilliant Bride:
30. Burlap wristlets or clutches always make a great gift for bridesmaids
31. We also love this unique burlap and lace necklace — a staple jewelry piece
32. And one of these chic burlap clutches for you
33. This bottle cap opener and catcher is great for the groomsmen
34. Be sure to line the aisle with a burlap runner like this
35. And, last but not least, be sure to put your favorite photo inside this frame
Which of these burlap wedding ideas is your favorite? Are you going to use burlap in your wedding decor? We’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment in the box below!