Brides: if you’re planning a wine themed wedding, this is for you! You’ll love these fifty wine themed wedding ideas to help you plan an unbelievable ceremony and reception! With venue ideas, decorations, gifts, invitations, save the dates (and more!), planning a themed wedding like this one has never been easier. You can even try your hand at a few clever wine themed wedding DIYs! Read on to be inspired…
Wine Themed Wedding Ideas
1. Plan your wedding at a vineyard.
2. Or, plan a wedding at a winery, the perfect indoor setting.
3. Send cork save the dates.
I adore these save the date coasters, too! (Also by Cork Country Cottage.)
4. Send amazing wine themed wedding invitations.
5. Select cork boutonnieres for groomsmen.
These are amazing! Plus, there are many colors and styles to choose from. By The Backyard Gardener.
6. Use these wine cork place cards at the head table.
6. Give wine bottles as favors.
By Paper and Lace.
Too big? Try small wine bottles to save a little money! Use these mini wine bottle labels for extra personalization.
7. Have custom napkins made.
Include a cute saying, like “Eat, Drink & Be Married” or “May Your Glass Always Be Half Full”.
8. Plan a wine-tasting during cocktail hour.
See if a sommelier from the winery can assist.
9. Save a bottle of wine from the wedding for your one-year anniversary.
Place it in one of these for safe-keeping.
10. Have guests sign a wine barrel instead of a guest book.
11. Or, have guests sign wine bottles with this.
12. Instead of table numbers, use names of wine (Merlot, Moscato, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, etc.)
13. Pick a color palette that incorporates a deep, wine color.
This napkin is one such example, spotted here.
14. Have your photographer capture a ring shot, like this.
Then, have it framed and display in your bar or kitchen after the wedding.
15. Use these amazing cork place card holders.
16. Serve wine, cheese, fruit, and crackers as appetizers during cocktail hour.
Or, better yet, offer one of these “cheese” cakes. YUM!
17. Place wine bottles in burlap bags as ‘table numbers’.
Burlap wine bottle bags spotted here.
18. Use escort cards made of cork, like these.
20. Fill wine boxes with flowers as decor.
21. Give favors to guests that coordinate with your theme, like wine bottle stoppers.
22. Ask bridesmaids to be in your wedding with a personalized bottle.
Label by Paper and Lace.
Ahh, I love these mini bottle labels, too!
23. Use this fun guest book alternative.
By Ngo Creations.
24. Get one of these custom cork monograms.
Display at your wedding as decor and afterward in your home. By JnJ Studios.
25. Use faux grapes and burlap to create chair decor for your aisle.
26. Or place corks in a jar and hang from shepherd’s hooks.
27. Wrap bridesmaid bouquets in these cork wraps and a pretty ribbon.
28. Gift groomsmen with wine barrels (can be used as whiskey barrels, if they prefer).
29. Make these cork-filled candles for reception tables.
30. Use wine glasses as escort cards.
Paint wine glass stems with chalkboard paint and write the guest’s name and table number on each one (use this – it’s easier than chalk). Guests can take their wine glass home at the end of the night. Order wine glasses in bulk to save money.
31. Hang “Mr” and “Mrs” cork chair signs at your sweetheart or head table.
32. Learn how to cut wine bottles for candle holders.
33. Incorporate old wine bottles into your table decor.
34. Plan a honeymoon in Napa Valley.
Stay at bed-and-breakfasts. Drink wine and eat cheese. Relax in wine country.
35. Perform a wine ceremony during the wedding ceremony.
Instead of a candle ceremony, the couple nails the lid on a wine box which holds a wine bottle and letters written from the bride and groom to be opened on their 25th wedding anniversary.
36. Utilize wine barrels in your ceremony decor.
37. Make wine bottle torches for light at night.
Get a diy tutorial here.
38. Offer ‘dancing shoes’ (flip flops) to guests.
Place them in an old wine barrel.
39. Have your ‘first look’ in the vineyard.
40. Place succulents in a small wood box as centerpiece decor.
41. Have guests sign corks; place in this cork holder box and hang in your home.
By Bragging Bags.
42. Buy bride and groom wine glasses for your engagement.
43. Use wine bottle table numbers (+ display your menu, too!)
44. Give groomsmen these wine corkscrews as gifts.
Or these unique wine barrel cuff links from Olive and Poppy:
45. Give these personalized wine glasses to bridesmaids.
46. Use these candles for a romantic glow at night.
They’re made from recycled wine bottles! By Napa Uncorked.
47. Use one of these wine boxes as a card holder.
48. Give these wine bottle stoppers as favors.
49. Give these personalized wine charms as bridesmaid gifts.
50. Adorn your wedding cake with this adorable cake topper.
By Anna Crafts.
And don’t forget themed decorations like this “You Had Me at Merlot” sign and “The Wine List” chalkboard, spotted at Less Than Average Height:
And these cute cookies! By Baking In Heels:
– – –
Are you planning a wine themed wedding? Which ideas will you be using?
Tell us in the comments below! ↓