Brides: if you’re planning a wine themed wedding, this is the post for you! We’ll tell you the best wine themed wedding venues, share our favorite guest book alternatives, give you tips on gift ideas for your wedding party, and more. You can even try your hand at a few clever wine themed wedding DIYs. Plus, to kick-start your planning into gear, we’ve teamed up with Vetrina del Vino to offer a beautiful wine themed gift for one lucky reader’s home. What is it? Read on to find out…
Wine Wedding Ideas
1. Plan your wedding in a vineyard.
2. Or, plan a wedding at a winery, the perfect indoor setting.
3. Send cork save the dates.
4. Send amazing wine themed wedding invitations.
5. Select cork boutonnieres for groomsmen.
6. Serve wine bottles as favors.
7. Have custom napkins made.
Include a cute saying, like “Eat, Drink & Be Married” or “May Your Glass Always Be Half Full”.
8. Plan a wine-tasting during cocktail hour.
See if a sommelier from the winery can assist.
9. Save a bottle of wine from the wedding for your one-year anniversary.
Place it in one of these for safe-keeping.
10. Have guests sign a wine barrel instead of a guest book.
11. Or, have guests sign wine bottles with this.
12. Instead of table numbers, use names of wine (Merlot, Moscato, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, etc.)
13. Pick a color palette that incorporates a deep, wine color.
This napkin is one such example, spotted here.
14. Have your photographer capture a ring shot, like this.
Then, have it framed and display in your bar or kitchen after the wedding.
15. Use corks as escort card holders.
Use this to make a notch for the card to sit.
16. Serve wine, cheese, fruit, and crackers as appetizers during cocktail hour.
17. Place wine bottles in burlap bags as ‘table numbers’.
Burlap wine bottle bags spotted here.
18. Use escort cards made of cork, like these.
19. Ask your girls to “be my bridesmaid?” with these cute wine glass tags.
20. Fill wine boxes with flowers as decor.
21. Give favors to guests that coordinate with your theme, like wine bottle stoppers.
22. Surprise bridesmaids with a wine box, bottle of wine, and scarf as a gift.
23. Use an old wine crate or box as a makeshift card box.
24. Make a cork monogram.
Display at your wedding as decor and afterward in your home.
25. Use faux grapes and burlap to create chair decor for your aisle.
26. Or place corks in a jar and hang from shepherd’s hooks.
27. Wrap bridesmaid bouquets in these cork wraps and a pretty ribbon.
28. Gift groomsmen with wine barrels (can be used as whiskey barrels, if they prefer).
29. Make these cork-filled candles for reception tables.
30. Use wine glasses as escort cards.
Paint wine glass stems with chalkboard paint and write the guest’s name and table number on each one (use this – it’s easier than chalk). Guests can take their wine glass home at the end of the night. Order wine glasses in bulk to save money.
31. Hang “Mr” and “Mrs” cork chair signs at your sweetheart or head table.
32. Learn how to cut wine bottles for candle holders.
33. Incorporate old wine bottles into your table decor.
34. Plan a honeymoon in Napa Valley.
Stay at bed-and-breakfasts. Drink wine and eat cheese. Relax in wine country.
35. Perform a wine ceremony during your wedding ceremony.
Instead of a candle ceremony, the couple nails the lid on a wine box which holds a wine bottle and letters written from the bride and groom to be opened on their 25th wedding anniversary.
36. Utilize wine barrels in your ceremony decor.
37. Make wine bottle torches for light at night.
Get a diy tutorial here.
38. Offer ‘dancing shoes’ (flip flops) to guests.
Place them in an old wine barrel.
39. Have your ‘first look’ in the vineyard.
40. Place succulents in a small wood box as centerpiece decor.
41. Have guests sign corks; place in this cork holder box and hang in your home.
42. Buy bride and groom wine glasses for your engagement.
Use them for sipping before, during, and after your wedding. You may remember this as one of our favorite engagement gift ideas.
43. Use wine bottle table numbers (+ display your menu, too!)
Wine Themed Wedding Giveaway!
This post wouldn’t be complete without mentioning one of our favorite wine bottle racks by the folks at Vetrina del Vino! And, thanks to them, you can enter for a chance to win a beautiful handmade wine bottle rack for your home. Here’s what it looks like…
This wine rack values at $60. It hangs vertically on a wall and holds up to 12 full bottles of wine. Wine rack measures 31″ tall and is about 21″ wide with wine bottles in place. Wine not included. Hardware for hanging is included for drywall installation (can also be installed over any substrate).
Between 11/7-11/13/13 (11:59pm EST), enter for a chance to win this vertical wine rack. Use entry form below to enter. One lucky winner will be randomly selected on 11/14 and announced on this blog. Winner will be announced via email. Winner has 72 (business) hours to respond to email. Winner must claim prize within 6 months. Free shipping included to U.S. only. Past giveaway winners within 30 days not eligible to win. Wine rack is handmade using coppper and wood. Good luck!