Hi, loves! Emma here. When I used to think of burlap, I pictured rope or netting or large bags of rice or coffee beans. Now when I think of it, I imagine rustic table runners and burlap-covered favor jars and delicate chair sashes with baby’s breath tucked into its center. Burlap is a woven fabric made from jute plant or sisal fibers. It has many practical uses in landscaping and manufacturing, but now it is one of the most sought-after crafting materials — especially for weddings. With its rough texture, it’s hard to believe that burlap has charmed its way into the hearts of brides, but it has! And we know that burlap for weddings is here to stay. And just when you thought you’ve seen it all when it comes to burlap, think again: we’ve rounded up thirty-five new uses for burlap for your wedding decor, gifting, accessories, and more.
So, grab a huge cup of coffee (it is Monday, after all, and make sure you put it in a happy mug) and get ready to be inspired! Enjoy!
P.S. Need to order burlap in bulk? Try your local hardware store, craft shop, or try here.
Ways to Use Burlap for Weddings
1. This cute wedding direction sign
Place at your ceremony or reception space so guests know they’re in the right place.
2. These adorably functional save the dates
They’re actually burlap drink koozies. Great idea!
3. Send chic burlap inspired wedding invitations
4. Use a bit of burlap twine around your programs, too
5. When thinking favors, opt for something like burlap wrapped succulents
These are so cute! Great for rustic or modern weddings.
6. These small favor bags with a heart are cute for candy
7. Or these wholesale wine bags as favors / wedding party gifts
8. Burlap can be wrapped around your bouquet
9. Or wrapped around a large monogram letter
10. Capture your first few moments as Mr and Mrs with a burlap banner
11. Use a burlap design print on your bridal shower invites
12. A burlap design print on programs is lovely, too
13. Pick a guest book covered in burlap
14. And garland to direct guests to scribble in it
15. Have guests wave these cute burlap ribbon wands at your ceremony
(Leave a comment)