UPDATED 5/2018 to comply with new privacy rules and regulations.
Privacy and Data Policy
Revised and posted as of May 18, 2018
Emmaline Bride LLC (“Emmaline Bride”) owns and operates this website (the “Site”). Emmaline Bride also operates various networks, including, the Emmaline Bride Network, consisting of websites to which it may deliver advertising. The Emmaline Bride Network consists of the Emmaline Bride Sites, and websites owned by third-party publishers displaying Emmaline Bride branding and/or Emmaline Bride logos (“Affiliated Sites”; together with the Emmaline Bride Sites, the “Emmaline Bride Network”). Emmaline Bride may, from time to time, also deliver advertising to websites owned by third-party publishers that are not part of the Emmaline Bride Network (“Non-Affiliated Sites”). This Privacy and Security Policy applies to (i) the collection of information on the Emmaline Bride Sites that link to or display this Privacy and Security Policy and the use of that information, (ii) the collection of information on the Affiliated Sites and the use of that information when you view ads from our advertisers, and (iii) the collection of information on the Non-Affiliated Sites and the use of that information when you view ads from our advertisers.
1. Information We Collect. When you visit any of the websites that participate in the Emmaline Bride Network or a Non-Affiliated Site and view ads from Emmaline Bride’s advertisers, Emmaline Bride automatically receives and stores certain types of information including IP address, web pages viewed, date and time, and responses to advertisements delivered by Emmaline Bride’s proprietary technology (“Emmaline Bride Tech”), or third-party ad serving technologies. We also collect:
• Information you provide. Emmaline Bride may collect and maintain (or third parties with whom Emmaline Bride has contracted, may collect and maintain on Emmaline Bride’s behalf) information that you provide to us during your visit to a Emmaline Bride Site. For example, you may provide information to the Site when you register, sign-in, search, participate in a test profile, survey or special offers, request our e-mail newsletters, or communicate with Emmaline Bride’s customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with personally identifiable information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and personal shopping and product preferences.
• Device data. We may collect data from the device you are using, including location data, what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may be able to link your Facebook or Twitter account to a Emmaline Bride Site, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
o Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
o Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
o Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use, and Family Device IDs.
o Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
o Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
o Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network.
o Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
3. Data Collection for Advertising. The non-personally identifiable information collected is used to provide relevant, targeted advertising and improve Emmaline Bride’s advertising technology; monitor website traffic; collect statistical data; determine the effectiveness of advertisements and content; and collect data across multiple websites to categorize likely consumer interest segments for use in online behavioral advertising (“OBA”). Emmaline Bride may track visits to its sites and this information may be used over time to help predict your consumer interest segments and select the ad content you see. Emmaline Bride may also use non-personally identifiable profile-based anonymous information with other non-personally identifiable information that Emmaline Bride has obtained from Emmaline Bride Tech, third-party ad serving technologies, the Emmaline Bride Network, and Non-Affiliated Sites.
Emmaline Bride may use personally identifiable information (information including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to the Emmaline Bride Sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties or affiliates of Emmaline Bride with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf. All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the personal information we provide to them confidential and to use the personal information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform.
4. Other Reasons We Collect Information about You and How.
• Website Usage. Emmaline Bride or Emmaline Bride’s authorized service providers may observe activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system) relating to your use of Emmaline Bride Sites. Emmaline Bride may use this collected or logged information in order to provide better service, to facilitate our customers’ use of the websites, to track usage of the websites, and to address security hazards. Emmaline Bride, or one of Emmaline Bride’s authorized service providers, may also use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns. We may use aggregated, statistical information to describe our customer audience, products and services, and to develop partnerships with third parties to offer products and services in which we believe our customers will be interested.
• Online Transactions. You may visit a Emmaline Bride Site without registering, but if you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or use other special features that may be offered on our site, you may need to provide us with certain information such as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, to open an account with us. We may share your personal information with third parties or affiliates of Emmaline Bride where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something you have asked us to do. We may also use this information to assist you in creating a user ID and a password to protect your account information and facilitate your use of special features or to complete a transaction.
• Using Public Areas of Emmaline Bride Sites. Any information disclosed in public areas of the Emmaline Bride Sites, is public information that may be viewed and collected by any party. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in the social networking, chat rooms, reviews, or bulletin board portions of these Sites. You should exercise caution when disclosing information, including photos or images, in public areas of websites and should refrain from disclosing personally identifying information. If you wish to use some of the public portions on these Sites, we will direct you to first create a public ID, which is not your real e-mail address, before you can post information to our Site. Emmaline Bride reserves the right to remove any information at any time from the Emmaline Bride Sites that we deem inappropriate or for any other reason.
5. Data Sharing with 3rd parties. We do not sell your personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information to third parties for any reason. However, we may share your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information with third parties, or affiliates of Emmaline Bride where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something you have asked us to do. For example, we might need to provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, such as advertisers, featured on a Emmaline Bride Site, or through a website participating in the Emmaline Bride Network or a Non-Affiliated Site so they can process and fulfill YOUR request for more information from them. We may share your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information with third parties with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf, or affiliates of Emmaline Bride. All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the personal information we provide to them confidential and to use the personal information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform.
We may disclose personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information about our customers as permitted or required by law, such as in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, or in connection with a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy, as discussed
6. Data Retention.
• Personal Data. Personal data shall be kept for as long as is necessary for the purposes as described herein. We may store personal data for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes. If you wish for us to cease storing your personal data, please email email@example.com.
• Non-personally Identifiable Data. Emmaline Bride is required to retain certain non–personally identifiable information collected from users of the Emmaline Bride Sites, Affiliated Sites and Non-Affiliated Sites in order to provide audited information to advertisers and auditors. As a result, ad reporting and delivery data is retained for as long as is necessary for these purposes. Some of the ad reporting and delivery data may be aggregated for statistical purposes and retained indefinitely. Certain aggregated, non-personally identifiable information including historical data and attributes collected by Emmaline Bride prior to an opt out election and which represent large numbers of users combined into aggregated statistical data and information shall be kept despite the fact that the user has opted out. Some of the aggregated, non-personally identifiable information may be further aggregated for statistical purposes and retained indefinitely.
Additionally, Emmaline Bride reserves the right to retain and use any information described in this Privacy and Security Policy as reasonably necessary to comply with all laws or regulations, regardless of any limitations set forth in this Policy. Emmaline Bride reserves the right to change its data retention policy and the new data retention policy shall apply to all data collected following such change.
7. Security Practices. Our internal data security policies restrict access to customers’ personal information to authorized employees. Authorized employees may use our customers’ personal information for Emmaline Bride business purposes only. Our employees are bound by Emmaline Bride policies that require them to maintain the confidentiality of our customers’ personal information. Employees who violate these requirements are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to guard our customers’ personal information. For example, for the security of your online visit to a Emmaline Bride Site, we may make use of firewall barriers, encryption techniques, and/or authentication procedures. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Emmaline Bride cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your personal information, we will notify you as necessary, so you can take appropriate protective steps. Unless you indicate otherwise, we may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address you provided to us when you registered with the Emmaline Bride Site.
You should be careful to maintain the secrecy of your passwords and/or account information and be responsible about protecting your personal information and identity whenever you are online.
9. Emmaline Bride Sites Are Not for Use by Children. Children are not eligible to use Emmaline Bride Sites. We ask that minors (under the age of 18) only use Emmaline Bride Sites in conjunction with your parents or guardians. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
10. Mergers, Acquisitions, and Bankruptcy. If Emmaline Bride should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if Emmaline Bride should decide to buy another business or sell or reorganize part or all of Emmaline Bride’s business, Emmaline Bride may be required to disclose both the information you provide to Emmaline Bride and the information gathered by Emmaline Bride to prospective or actual purchasers and other parties. It is Emmaline Bride’s practice to obtain appropriate protections for information disclosed in these types of transactions. Emmaline Bride cannot, however, guarantee that Emmaline Bride’s Privacy and Security Policy will remain unchanged if Emmaline Bride is sold or merges with another company.
11. Managing Your Privacy Choices.
• Updating Your Contact Preferences and Personal Information on Emmaline Bride Sites. You have choices when it comes to how Emmaline Bride uses your personal information. When you register online with a Emmaline Bride Site you can choose not to receive communications from us by e-mail. If you elect not to receive information by e-mail, Emmaline Bride may continue to contact you as necessary to service your account. You can change your contact preferences at any time by following the instructions on the applicable Emmaline Bride Site. Keeping your account information accurate and up-to-date is very important, so we can provide you with excellent service. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate, or not current, please follow the instructions on the applicable Emmaline Bride Site to correct your account information online. If you need additional assistance, please contact Emmaline Bride customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Opt Out: Emmaline Bride Network and Non-Affiliated Sites. If you would like to opt out from receiving customized, targeted advertisements from Emmaline Bride based upon non-personally identifiable information, you may get more information on how to opt out by emailing email@example.com. Opting out will not remove advertisements. You will continue to see advertisements provided by Emmaline Bride, but the advertising will not be customized or targeted based on non-personally identifiable information collected by Emmaline Bride. Please note that if you change computers or browsers, you will need to repeat this process for each computer and each browser.
• Deleting Your Information. You have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data without undue delay. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to delete your personal data.
13. Contact Information. If you have questions regarding your user account, our Privacy and Security Policy, your privacy choices, our Terms of Service, or any other topic, we are always happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. You may email us at email@example.com.
14. Plugins: We use a Social Sharing plugin for sharing blog posts from our website to your favorite social network sites. Here’s the information that is obtained if you choose to use these social media sharing buttons on our site.
Facebook Comments Moderation
We collect the data related to the Facebook Comment you post, only from your consent that you grant before posting Facebook Comment at our website. This data includes your Facebook account name, unique Facebook account identifier, unique identifier associated to the posted Facebook comment, unique open graph object identifier of the webpage at which you posted the comment, unique identifier associated to the parent comment if you reply to an existing comment. This data is used to show recent Facebook Comments made all over our website and/or to show the old comments made at non-SSL webpages before we moved our website to SSL. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
Facebook Comments Notifier
We send the Facebook Comment you post, to page/post author and/or website administrator via automated email, only from your consent that you grant before posting Facebook Comment at our website. This data includes just the Facebook comment posted by you.
Social Analytics for Sharing
Facebook Like, Facebook Recommend, Facebook Share official buttons
Twitter Tweet official button
Pinterest Save official button
StumbleUpon Badge official button
Information Collection & Use
If you apply to be a seller (“Featured Artisan”) on our site, we require that you provide certain personally identifiable information, including your name, e-mail address, and web site address to view your shop products. This information is necessary to process your application and to contact you. We do not share this information with anyone.
We frequently offer a giveaway on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these giveaways is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and e-mail address, as well as shipping address should you win the giveaway), and demographic information (such as zip code). If you win the giveaway, we will email you to request your permission to pass along your email address and name to the giveaway sponsor, who will then get in touch with you to ship your prize. In this way, you do not need to send Emmaline Bride your shipping address and we do not have this information on file. Your name and email address which we do collect for entries is kept private.
Communications from the Site
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. Please see the opt-out portion at the bottom of the email newsletter.
Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable)
We share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our partners and advertisers. This information does not identify individual users.
We do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Third Party Advertisers
Links to Other Sites
This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by EMMALINE BRIDE. Please be aware that we, EMMALINE BRIDE, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may [correct, update, delete or deactivate it] by making the change on our member information page [or by emailing our Customer Support at EMAIL ADDRESS] or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use PayPal for payment, which uses secure socket layer technology (SSL).
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
We are affiliates of Amazon and link to products we trust in our blog and throughout the site. The links go to our affiliate account and we receive a commission on purchases.
-THE EMMALINE BRIDE TEAM