Happy Monday! When Michaels asked us to feature a DIY wedding project for our lovely readers, we were ecstatic to participate! Not only do we love wedding DIY inspiration, but Michaels is one of our favorite craft stores for DIY supplies and wedding inspiration. This store has it all: accessories, favors, décor, and so much more: you can’t help but get inspired the minute you walk through those doors. Today, we’re showing you how to make DIY chalkboard flower pots with nature-inspired flair just in time for your summer wedding. Read on for the full how-to tutorial…
DIY Chalkboard Flower Pots
* * *
-BRIDES® Favors: Chalkboard Flower Pot – $29.99
-BRIDES® Chalk Marker – $5.99
-BRIDES® Embellishments – Felt Flower – $5.99
-Adhesive dots – $2.99
-Styrofoam® (or Florist Foam) – $3.79
-Moss – $5.99
-Wooden Dowels (Minis) – $2.99
Total cost (before tax): $57.73
*These were the prices at our local Michaels; however, cost may vary at your location.
Skill Level: Easy
1. Use adhesive dots to attach felt flower embellishments to the dowels; place a felt flower on either side.
2. Place a small piece of foam inside the chalkboard pot.
3. Cover the foam piece with moss.
4. Stick three finished flower picks into the moss. Make sure to vary the heights of each “flower”.
5. Personalize your chalkboard pot with a message such as your initials, the table number, or the wedding date.
After the wedding, re-use the chalkboard pots! Re-plant with herbs, flowers, or fill with moss. Give as hostess gifts or use as décor in your home.
Now it’s YOUR turn to tackle this DIY project – or cross off a remaining to-do from your wedding list! If you’re up for the challenge, Michaels is offering our readers 20% off your ENTIRE regular price wedding purchase. This offer is valid through 6/30 online only, so hurry! Click here to save today!
This is a sponsored post by Michaels.
-THE EB TEAM