Hi, lovelies! If you’re having a flower girl in your wedding — and please do because they’re cute and really love being a part of your big day! — you’ll need flower girl shoes for her to wear. We’ve talked before about the big question of who pays for the flower girl dress; if you’re wondering who pays for flower girl shoes, the same rules typically apply. Read on to find out more and see which flower girl shoes made our HUGE round-up of favorites!
Flower Girl Shoes
First, let’s talk about who pays for the flower girl shoes. Similarly to the flower girl dress, the flower girl shoes can be purchased by the parents of the flower girl or, if you wish to defray costs, you can buy them. It is a very nice gesture and appreciated by the flower girl’s parents if you and your soon-to-be spouse purchase the flower girl shoes as a gift; however, if her parents want to, that’s fine, too! (Here are plenty of adorable flower girl gifts you can get her instead!)
Regardless of who buys them, she needs a cute (and comfy!) pair of shoes to wear for the big day. The flower girl shoes should have these qualities:
1. The shoes should match / coordinate with her dress
If she’s wearing white, go with white flower girl shoes. Pink? Opt for the same shade of pink on her feet or mix it up with a pair of white lace flower girl shoes and a pink bow that matches. There are no hard rules here, but the shoes should within the same color palette as the dress; nothing too dark or too light.
Also, the flower girl shoes should suit the formality of your wedding (formal, semi-formal, or casual).
2. The shoes should fit her very well.
There’s nothing quite like too-tight shoes (or too-loose shoes, for that matter!) to get on a little kid’s nerves! Who wants to walk down the aisle when their feet are being pinched by new shoes? You want to keep your flower girl happy. :) If possible, give the shoes to your flower girl ahead of time so she can wear them in a little bit (around the house) and so her parents can ensure they fit perfectly ahead of the wedding day.
3. They don’t have to cost too much.
Most flower shoes usually run around $15-$40, but it can vary depending on finding them on sale (yay, affordable!) or if you’re looking for a very custom design (like glitter or sparkles, dyed a certain color, or embroidery, which may up the price). Don’t worry so much about them being overly fancy; she’s honestly going to wear them for like, ten minutes, and then all night long on the dance floor. If your flower girl can wear her special shoes for special events again, great, but don’t spend too much on them because she most likely will not. (Kids’ feet grow so fast!)
Now that we’ve got that covered, your flower girl needs a cute pair of shoes to wear. To help, we’ve rounded up our favorite flower girl shoes that will make her smile. These shoes are cute, comfy, and a great price. We’ve found little girl shoes with sparkles, sequins, bows, tulle, rhinestones, pearls, and more. We’ve even found sneakers! Take a look!
EDITOR’S NOTE: Many of these shoe styles are available in multiple colors. Click on a photo of the shoes or the link directly below the photo to see more, buy yours, or find more colors available.
1. These flower girl shoes with gold glitter
2. These pink flower girl shoes with mini heel
3. These dusty pink shoes for girls
4. These adorb shoes with heart pearl charms
5. These flower inspired shoes for girls with pink rosettes
6. These awesome flower girl Converse sneakers for girls
7. These lace shoes for girls with flower embellishment
8. These chiffon shoes
9. These custom Vans for flower girls
10. These gold shoes with a bow
11. These white Mary Jane style shoes
12. These ivory flower girl shoes
13. These gold mesh shoes with tulle ankle strap
14. These white flower girl shoes
15. These light pink and ivory shoes
16. These lilac flower girl shoes with a bow
17. These leather flower girl sandals
18. These navy blue glitter flower girl shoes
19. These taffeta pink ballet flats
20. These pink sparkle flower girl shoes
21. These sequin flower girl shoes with ribbon
22. These jelly sandals for the flower girl
23. These silver glitter flower girl shoes
24. These white shoes for flower girls
sweetest baby creation
25. These ivory cream flower girl shoes with bow and strap
26. These flower girl sandals
27. These pink leather flower girl sandals
Which flower girl shoes do you like best?
Tell us which shoes your flower girl will wear in the comment box below!