There are few things I (Emma here!) love more than DIY projects turned heartfelt gifts, which is why I’m excited to share this DIY project with you today. Our DIY wedding handkerchief can be tied around your bridesmaid’s bouquet as a wrap, placed in her clutch purse as a personalized accessory, or wrapped around a jewelry gift + tied with ribbon as functional, re-usable gift wrap. This wedding handkerchief can be wrapped in a ribbon and gifted to your mom, grandma, or aunt (to catch those tears of joy). And, it can be placed in your own clutch purse just in case you need it during the ceremony. (Cause, you know, #ThereGoesTheMascara!)
A wedding handkerchief is an inexpensive accessory (under $1 each for a pack of twelve) and its uses are endless. This DIY wedding hankie project is inexpensive and requires little know-how. Plus, you’ll have an excuse to buy a few new crafting projects for your DIY supply cabinet (I swear, I use these little alphabet stamps all the time!) Read on to find out how to craft a beautiful wedding handkerchief or a set of them just in time for your big day. Enjoy!
DIY Wedding Handkerchief
For this diy wedding handkerchief, you’ll need…
– hankies (we used white hankies… you can use a vintage patterned hankie if you prefer)
– alphabet stamp set
– permanent ink pad in black
– decorative stamp (we used a skeleton key stamp from JoAnn’s)
1. Fold hankie lengthwise; at one corner, apply decorative stamp.
2. Above stamp (or below, depending on size) use your alphabet stamps to personalize with your bridesmaid’s name.
3. Allow to dry.
4. When dry, use to wrap a jewelry gift box (+ tie with a ribbon), wrap in twine and place in a tote bag, or knot securely around your bridesmaid’s bouquet on the wedding day.
*EB NOTE: Hankies aren’t just for the ladies! Gift your groom, groomsmen, father, grandfather, or uncle with a personalized wedding hankie with a batch of decorative (albeit manly) stamped handkerchiefs he’ll love.
We hope you enjoyed this DIY wedding handkerchief project! Sign up for FREE updates so you never miss a post.