What should you write inside a bridal shower card? Deciding the special message you wish to convey can be a tough task, but it’s easy if you follow just a few steps.
We’ll help you find the right words to say and write the perfect wedding shower card message to express your excitement and joy for the couple.
A wedding shower card is given with a gift to wish the couple well ahead of the big day.
A bridal shower — or wedding shower — is a tradition that typically occurs three months before the wedding date. At the shower, guests bring gifts for the couple’s home, along with monetary gifts to begin their life together, and give well wishes as they start their adventure.
But many are plagued with the big question of what EXACTLY to write in a wedding shower card message.
After all, you only get one chance to write your wishes so you want to nail it on the first try.
4 Steps to Writing a Wedding Card Message
Here are steps to craft the best message to the happy couple at their wedding shower.
Here’s the formula:
1. Begin with a basic, yet essential, “congratulations”.
You’re happy for them! Let your joy show. The word congratulations is simple, yet necessary and appropriate, for this joyous occasion.
2. Give a compliment.
Provide a confidence boost but make sure it is sincere. Compliment how gorgeous she’s going to look as the bride, how they make such an attractive couple together, how you really bring out the best in one another, how you are happy they found each other, or how their relationship is so unique.
3. Share a personal anecdote.
How did you meet? What was your first impression of the couple? If you know one more than the other, tell the story of how you met the bride or how you’ve known her for years; you can always depend on or rely on her to be a friend. Talk about how you met him when you were next-door neighbors and you’re so proud of the man he is today. Talk about how you know how much you’ll cherish your friendship with them, or how the happiness they’ve found means the world to you.
Most of all, make it unique and personalized. If needed, use joy and humor!
4. Offer words of support.
Marriage is a big deal, so entering into this new stage in life is worthy of words of encouragement and support and well wishes for the future. Tell them a favorite quote or advice for a happy marriage. Provide a life lesson. Or simply give them words of encouragement such as, “I wish you many years of happiness as you embark on this journey together”.
Best Wedding Shower Card Messages
Here are some suggestions for what to write inside a bridal shower card, particularly right above your signature. These are for close friends or colleagues.
Friend / Coworker
• I’m so thrilled for you!
• Here’s to happiness and laughter for a lifetime!
• What a wonderful couple. Here’s to joy and happiness always.
• Here’s to your wedding day! I’m so excited to share in your joy.
• Best wishes to you both as you begin your new adventure.
• Cheers to a lifetime of love.
• Love you both! Can’t wait for the wedding day.
Want to get more personal? Here are some suggestions for what to write depending on your relationship with the bride.
From the Mother
• Congratulations and best wishes today and happily ever after. I’m so proud of the woman you’ve become and I’m so happy you found such a wonderful partner to share your life with.
• I can’t wait to see you walk down the aisle. Where has all the time gone?! My sweet baby girl, now a bride. I love you and wish you all the happiness in the world.
• You will be the most beautiful bride on your wedding day. I love you, my sweet daughter!
• Best wishes to a lifetime of love, laughter, and happiness. You deserve all the best that life has to offer! All our love.
• I’m so happy you met my son and I am lucky to have you as a daughter-in-law. Welcome to the family!
• You make such a wonderful part of our family and we’re lucky to have you in it!
• Congratulations to a couple who bring out the best in each other! We love you so much!
Funny Wedding Shower Messages
Use humor in your message, if appropriate to your relationship. Here are some fun examples.
• Look out, Blake and Ryan: you’re the newest couple in town! Wishing you all the best on your adventure to come.
• So happy you found each other! You’re quite a handful so you finally found someone who can handle all the fun. :) Love you!
• I have one word to say: FINALLY! It’s about time you two got married!
• One of the best tips for a happy marriage: never watch the next episode of your favorite show without your spouse. Lesson learned!
Still need a wedding shower card to write your message in? Here are some of our favorite picks!
Writing a message for a wedding shower card isn’t so hard after all! I hope these tips help you find the right words that are appropriate for the occasion and most of all, memorable.
If you need to get a special card, you can shop here or here for heartfelt shower cards.