Hi, lovelies! Emma here. One of our latest Ask Emmaline questions really inspired me the other day because it’s not only a fantastic idea, but it also saves some money in the process. Rachelle wrote to us about bridesmaid clutches instead of flowers — as in, nixing the bouquets altogether and having her bridesmaids walk down the aisle carrying a pretty bag instead of a bouquet. She writes,
Dear Emmaline, I want to give my bridesmaids clutches instead of flowers (bouquets) as gifts. I don’t have a budget that allows for the cost of a clutch AND a bouquet for each bridesmaid, so I have to either pick a less expensive bridesmaid gift or skip bouquets altogether. I have seen other weddings where bridesmaids have walked down the aisle with a clutch purse, but is it proper etiquette to do so? Also, do you have any tips on what kind of clutches would suffice? Thank you!
Hi Rachelle! Not only is this a great question, but bridesmaid clutches instead of flowers is a brilliant idea for a variety of reasons. Find out why we love (and recommend) this option…
Bridesmaid Clutches Instead of Flowers
Choosing to nix bridesmaid bouquets in lieu of bridesmaid clutches is a wonderful idea and will save you some money. Plus, you’ll eliminate waste! Here are three reasons why we think it’s a great idea:
1. Clutches are functional.
Flowers are beautiful, but they’ll wilt. Bridesmaids can use their clutches for years to come!
2. You can find perfect bridesmaid clutches in your wedding colors.
Why wonder if your flowers will match your palette, or if the flowers you want are even in season? Instead, have custom clutches made in your particular color palette.
3. You’ll save money.
Bouquets are used for such a short time during the wedding (and tossed in the garbage). It can seem like a waste, especially when you spend so much money on them. Instead, a clutch purse can be carried for the same duration — and be used to store her essentials close at hand. Plus, you’ll need to choose bridesmaid gifts anyway and combining the two makes perfect sense.
Now that you know why they’re a perfect alternative, let’s explore some beautiful clutches to choose instead of flowers!
30+ Bridesmaid Clutches
1. This fuchsia lace alencon lace clutch
Ahh… hot pink and oh-so-lacy! I’d pick this clutch instead of flowers in a heartbeat. By ANGEE W.
2. This clutch with peacock blue flower
Or any color flower that ties into your color palette best! A great alternative to a bridesmaid bouquet. By Eclu.
Or these blush flowers…
Here’s how lovely they’ll look with your bridesmaids:
And of course, this clutch for you… with a little something blue!
3. These cute wristlets with personalization
We think a bunch of these wristlets from Mama Bleu Designs is just as pretty as a bouquet of flowers! We love the personalization as an extra-special detail.
Here’s another style example:
4. This blush sequin clutch
By Davie and Chiyo.
5. These patterned clutches
I’m loving this print! By Lolis Creations.
Or, here’s a fun idea: a different pattern for each bridesmaid:
6. This amazing photo clutch with a PHOTO inside
Have you ever seen a more personalized gift? By ANGEE W.
7. These fold-over clutches
There are SO MANY delightful prints and colors to choose from in this fold-over style by Oatmeal Lace Design.
8. These interesting envelope style bridesmaid clutches
I’m so inspired by the creative envelope clutches over at My A La Mode Boutique. If you’re planning a bohemian wedding, you’ll love these fab designs, like this:
(P.S. How could you forget the world map clutch we showed you in our travel themed wedding ideas post?)
9. These colorful clutches with bright flower pins
If color is what you crave, you’ll find it in these delightful purses from Fallen Sparrow.
10. These color block clutches
I love these unique clutches with a color block design! And those buttons are a cute touch. By Good Marvin.
11. This adorable rosette clutch purse
There are so many pretty colors to choose from in this rosette clutch by Lolos!
12. This amazing sequin clutch
By AO3 Designs.
13. This trendy off-white and gold clutch
14. This goes-with-everything linen and lace clutch
15. This lavender wristlet clutch
By Jilly Designs.
16. These gorgeous snap clutches in coral
By Ella Winston.
17. This leather foldover clutch
18. These adorable burlap clutches with monogrammed detail
19. This stunning champagne lace clutch
From AO3 Designs.
20. These navy lace bridesmaid clutches
Other colors available, too. I love this shade: it goes with everything! By Good Marvin.
21. These burlap and lace clutch purses
By Jadie Cakes.
22. These mix-and-match clutches
Over at Davie and Chiyo, you can pick one central color and have an individual bag made for each bridesmaid with a slightly different design!
Here’s blush and champagne…
… and grey…
23. These beach wedding clutches
By Jade Journey.
And this navy anchor print, too:
24. This cute aqua linen clutch
Love the tassel! By Adatele.
25. These color coordinated clutches
What’s your color palette? Get a custom set made in your colors by A03 Designs. Here are a few popular combinations:
26. These adorable ruffle wristlets
I’m obsessed with these! So cute. By Juneberry Stitches.
27. This ultra girly clutch with flower
Perfect for shabby chic weddings! By Leela Purse.
Here’s an assortment of colors:
And check out these cute liners!
28. These linen lace doily clutches
29. These elegant clutches with sequins
By ANGEE W.
30. These personalized clutches with embroidered message
Cute idea! By ANGEE W.
31. These colorful initial clutches
I love these bold patterns and colors! By Sandra Smith Handmade.
32. This blush clutch
Soft, feminine, and goes with everything. By Davie and Chiyo.
33. This pastel bow clutch
Perfect for spring and summer! By Eclu.
34. This lace foldover clutch
A neutral purse that goes with any color! By Lolos.
35. These geometric prints
Perfect for a geometric inspired wedding or modern theme! By Lolos.
36. These cute chevron clutches
I always love grey & mint! Other colors available. By Almquist Design Studio.
37. These boho leather clutches
Perfect for a boho wedding. By Salato.
38. These beautiful personalized clutches
And, if you want a clutch AND a bouquet, try this:
39. This lace wristlet
[…] the bag! This is one bridesmaids gift which will be enjoyed for years to come. Plus, you can have bridesmaids carry these instead of flowers, if you prefer! Take a look at a few of our […]
Comments are closed.