Groom: this groom duties post is for you! Be sure you subscribe and stay in the loop, too!
Dear Groom, Heyyyy handsome, it’s me, your Bride. I know I’ve been a little preoccupied lately, pouring over wedding books and Pinterest and reading endless wedding blogs for even *more* ideas. I’m just really excited to marry you. And I realized something: there are a ton of groom duties you could do that would *really* help me out. So, I’ve put them all into a list. Some of these are really simple, while others are a little more elaborate. You don’t have to do them all… but a few here and there would really make me feel less stressed. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, and for helping me with these wedding plans. You’re awesome. But you already knew that. On to the list…
Oh and, you know, kiss me like this.
Groom Duties / Roles for the Wedding
1. Select your best man, groomsmen, and ushers.
You can ask them with one of these, call them on the phone, or ask casually during the next football game.
2. Choose the attire for the groomsmen and ring bearer.
3. Choose the gifts for the groomsmen.
4. If I need help getting started planning…
5. When I’m stressed out / freaking out, please listen.
I really just need to vent.
6. Go cake tasting with me.
It’ll be fun, I promise.
7. Cut the cake with me at the wedding
Just please don’t get it all over my face!
8. When I’ve been stressing out too much about the wedding, remind me what the day is all about.
9. Help cross things off the list.
I know table linens, the cake, centerpieces, etc. are not the most exciting decisions. But please give me answers so we complete this never-ending list.
10. Arrange for us to have breakfast in bed the day after the wedding.
11. Please compile your family’s side of the guest list.
And please encourage your parents to send theirs in — the sooner we do this, the easier it will be.
12. Please help me pick out invitations.
And when they arrive, help me stuff them and address them. It’s one of the most time-consuming tasks, but I promise BBQ wings and beer right after we are done.
13. Ask me to dance with you in the living room so we can pick out our song.
And so we can practice a little.
And I promise we won’t talk about wedding stuff. I could really use a night out with you and a break from all this planning stuff. Here are 50 really cute, fun and cheap date ideas I would love.
15. Please write me a card or note the day of the wedding…
… and have the ring bearer deliver it< to me while I'm getting ready. I'd love that.
16. Please make sure the groomsmen, ring bearer, fathers, etc. get fitted for their attire.
Also, please make sure they pick up their suits / tuxedos up on time.
17. Be as enthusiastic.
Please be as excited as you possibly can about wedding details that you couldn’t care less about… like mason jars. Or table linens. Or favors. Or whether we need place cards AND escort cards. Or what hairstyle I should pick. And then we’ll talk about what I should wear on the honeymoon. ;)
18. Please help me with the seating chart.
I loathe this part, it’s a pain in my you-know-what. Help me decide who sits where so we can keep our guests happy.
19. Also, this guest list is never-ending….
Can you work on this with me?
20. Please pick out your wedding ring and help me pick mine.
21. Tell me again how awesome our wedding will be.
I know it will, I just need a little reassurance every now and then.
22. Join me on the dance floor all night long.
Even if you don’t think you’re a good dancer.
23. Sneak away with me for a few minutes at our wedding for some romantic photos.
24. Please be in charge of transportation to and from the reception for our wedding party.
25. Pick out the ceremony readings with me…
26. Let’s plan the most amazing honeymoon ever, so we have something fun to look forward to after the big day is over.
27. Please attend the bridal shower (if I ask you to) and stay for the entire thing.
Help open gifts with me, greet guests, thank them for coming, and be a support to me the whole day. I am excited about the shower, but nervous about being the center of attention. Plus, it’s more fun to celebrate together.
28. Please put these on the bottoms of your shoes:
29. When we take engagement photos, please have fun with the shoot…
Even if you’re not the biggest fan of having your picture taken.
30. Surprise me at the reception with a special song request.
31. The First Dance is ours.
Let’s make it a memorable one. I’d also love it if you could save the last dance for me.
32. Please be to the ceremony on time.
That’s the Best Man’s job, and I really want it to happen.
33. Please make sure the Best Man knows what to do.
Here’s a guide you can email to him.
34. Please give me your honest opinion when I ask about something specific.
It totally means I’m unsure and really need some input.
35. Please toss the garter!
You can even do it like this:
36. Help me with favors!
Please help pick out awesome favors… and help put them together. Goodness, there are so many of them.
37. Tell me how beautiful I look on our wedding day.
Even if just with your eyes when you see me down the aisle… or during our first look.
38. Please grab a newspaper the morning of the wedding…
… so we can take a photo like this:
39. Have fun registering for our wedding with me.
Let’s make a day of it. Here are some registry tips I found.
40. Greet guests with me at the receiving line…
…or walk around to tables together to thank guests for coming to our wedding.
41. Please surprise me with a love note written on the bottom of my shoes.
42. Please tackle those thank you notes after the wedding with me.
Here are some shortcuts to help
43. And please help me put together a wedding album.
I’d love to remember each moment from this beautiful day!
Anyways, that should do it. At least until I think of something at 2am that I forgot to do for the wedding and wake you up to tell you all about it. :)
P.S. I can’t wait to marry you.
Groom Duties: What would you add?
Surely we’ve missed a thing or two. Add your groom duties to the list by adding a comment below!