Hi, loves! So, the latest podcast is now live: 30 Ways to Personalize Your Wedding. (Listen to the episode here.) In our podcast, you’ll learn about thirty fun, creative, unique ways to personalize wedding ceremony and reception.
In addition, we’re sharing the list here as a resource guide to inspire you + find items we mentioned in the episode. Or, perhaps you’re working right now and need to skim the list. Either way, we recommend reading below and listening when you get a minute, as we go into detail more on various points. :) And you might just like our podcast! Enjoy!
How to Personalize Wedding
This list will tell you how to personalize wedding details + decor. Which of these tips is your favorite?
1. Plan an engagement photo shoot
Have engagement pictures taken where you met or a favorite place you like to visit. This is also how to personalize wedding website and save-the-date cards. Engagement photos are also an excellent way to get to know your photographer, see his or her style, and get comfortable being in front of the camera before the wedding day.
2. Wedding websites + save the date cards
Make a free wedding website here.
Then, use your engagement photos to personalize your website and your save the date cards.
Browse a ton of cheap save the dates.
3. Personalize wedding decor at your reception with cake toppers
In the episode, we touched on just a few cake topper ideas. Browse these and a TON more: 75 Most Unique Wedding Cake Toppers.
4. Plan a reception slide show
5. Give away fun wedding favors
6. Choose a memorable wedding entrance song
Plus, choose special songs for Father + Bride dance / Mother + groom dances.
7. Plan a wedding send-off
If you’re using sparklers, make sure you buy in bulk for cheap. Here’s where to buy cheap wedding sparklers.
8. Use childhood photos in table numbers
Something like this from Nostalgic Imprints. So cute!
9. Flower toss / garter toss
10. Song request RSVPS + DJ shout-outs
11. Choose a personalized wedding aisle runner
Any of these will do!
12. Place signs down the aisle
13. Plan table names instead of numbers
Here is a comprehensive list of table name ideas to inspire you.
14. Carry a bouquet of flowers with similar blooms from your mother’s bouquet
15. Have your dog serve as ring bearer
Yes, these are dog tux cuffs! By CoolDudsforHotDogs.
And this adorable dog outfit! By Giddings Gifts.
16. Sew a piece of vintage lace from your grandmother or mother’s veil into your gown as “something old”
17. Wear your mother’s veil or carry her purse
18. Choose a unique ring pillow
Another favorite: velvet ring boxes. This one is by VoeuDuCoeur.
19. Choose bridesmaid bouquet alternatives
20. Create a monogram to use on your wedding stationery
You can make a free monogram here. A monogram is how to personalize wedding stationery and accents in an instant. Free? Even better!
Here’s the one I made using the easy program.
21. Plan a do-it-yourself coffee or treats bar at your reception
A coffee bar, cupcake decorating station, candy buffet, or ice cream sundae bar are just a few ideas.
22. Pick out fun groomsmen socks in college or favorite team colors
23. Have custom ceremony programs printed with bridal party illustrations
Something like this! By MissDesignBerryInc.
And that cool poster we talked about for our friends’ wedding? It was from HelloAm and looks like this.
24. Skip a traditional flower boutonniere and use an alternative instead
See some examples we mentioned: 30 Most Unique Boutonniere Ideas.
25. Plan a picture wall or table of photos from weddings of grandparents and parents
26. Late night snack for guests
Donuts are my personal favorite. Also popular: popcorn, pizza, hot dogs.
This to-go box from HHpaperco makes it super-easy to send guests with a delicious donut!
27. Bride’s accessory like denim jacket or leather jacket
You can find tons more denim bride jackets here in a variety of styles / prices.
28. Fun fact cocktail napkins
29. Pick a really fun pair of shoes for the bride
Go comfy, or go totally all-out wild with bold prints and sky-high stilettos. You’ll love: 34 Most Comfortable Wedding Shoes Ever | Where to Buy Custom Vans Wedding Shoes | 7 Wedding Shoe Mistakes to Avoid | Where to Buy Wedding TOMS | Low Wedding Heels That Are Really Cute + Comfy.
Personally, I love these. :)
And last, how to personalize wedding with….
30. Use a unique guest book
You’ll find tons of guest book alternatives here.
The mason jar guest book we mentioned can be found here.
What do you think of these ideas to personalize wedding ceremony / reception / etc.? Tell us in the comment box below!
And be sure to subscribe to the podcast for the latest!
• Need more ideas on how to personalize wedding decor? Read the books!