One of our favorite rustic wedding details is the use of re-purposed doors as ceremony backdrops or decor. The more weathered they are, the better! To prove that ceremony backdrops are a beautiful DIY idea, we’ve rounded up fourteen of our favorite examples. Some of these are ceremony backdrops, while others are aisle-way doors designed for the bride to make a true grand entrance — even outdoors! Get ready to break out the hammer + nails: you’re going to be on the lookout for castaway doors to re-purpose after this post! I know I am, if even just for a patio backdrop. ;) Enjoy!
P.S. Need to find doors for your project? This is a great place to start for vintage doors and hardware or Ebay. Another great place to check? estate sales near you.
Ceremony Backdrops – Doors
1. Outdoor Ceremony Setup
2. Happily Ever After
3. Vintage Doors in Soft Colors
4. Beach Wedding Ceremony Backdrop with Doors
5. Woodland Wedding
6. Rustic Backdrop with Doors
7. Vintage Doors for Wedding Ceremony
8. Winter Ceremony Backdrop Idea Using Wreaths
9. Outdoor Ceremony
10. Fall Wedding Backdrop with Doors
11. Breathtaking Door as Entrance
12. Dark Weathered Look
13. Weathered + Rustic Ceremony Doors
14. From This Day Forward
Would you use doors as decor — or are they best left indoors? Tell us with a comment below!