Posted May 30, 2012 | 21 Comments
Ever wondered how to make hanging mason jar lanterns? Want to light up your reception space with jar lanterns but you aren’t sure how to make them secure enough for hanging? Today, we’re showing you the easiest way to make hanging mason jar lanterns on how to make hanging mason jar lanterns that are both secure and easy to DIY… and all it takes is a few simple supplies! Read on to find out more…
How to Make Hanging Mason Jar Lanterns
To make hanging mason jar lanterns, you’ll need the following:
1. Secure wire lantern kit + chain to top of jar
2. Fill 1/3 of jar with vase filler of your choice
3. Place candle on top of vase filler
4. Hang lantern at wedding reception or line pathways to light up the night
EB TIP: If your budget allows, make extra jars (non-hanging) as lanterns and add tags to give away as wedding favors. Guests will love ‘em!
Alternate: Day to Night Decor
Fill with water + add flowers of your choice during the day; at night, add a floating candle to the water.
(Pssst. If you’re using as a vase, read how to arrange flower like a pro here!)
* * *
some supplies above linked to our Amazon affiliate account; however, feel free to shop wherever you wish!
Share This Post:
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure page.
About the Author
Latest posts by Emmaline Bride (see all)
- Photo of the Day » Wedding Sparkler Send Off - September 15, 2014
- Maui Beach Wedding: Marla + Shawn - September 11, 2014
- Brooklyn Bridge Engagement Session: Megan + Michael - September 8, 2014