Hi, loves! Emma here. When I used to think of burlap, I pictured rope or netting or large bags of rice or coffee beans. Now when I think of it, I imagine rustic table runners and burlap-covered favor jars and delicate chair sashes with baby’s breath tucked into its center. Burlap is a woven fabric made from jute plant or sisal fibers. It has many practical uses in landscaping and manufacturing, but now it is one of the most sought-after crafting materials — especially for weddings. With its rough texture, it’s hard to believe that burlap has charmed its way into the hearts of brides, but it has! And we know that burlap for weddings is here to stay. And just when you thought you’ve seen it all when it comes to burlap, think again: we’ve rounded up thirty-five new uses for burlap for your wedding decor, gifting, accessories, and more.
So, grab a huge cup of coffee (it is Monday, after all, and make sure you put it in a happy mug) and get ready to be inspired! Enjoy!
P.S. Need to order burlap in bulk? Try your local hardware store, craft shop, or try here.
Ways to Use Burlap for Weddings
1. This cute wedding direction sign
Place at your ceremony or reception space so guests know they’re in the right place.
by montana snow
2. These adorably functional save the dates
They’re actually burlap drink koozies. Great idea!
by so rusticute
3. Send chic burlap inspired wedding invitations
by the lovely glass jar, photo: leah mullett
4. Use a bit of burlap twine around your programs, too
by rebecca green design
5. When thinking favors, opt for something like burlap wrapped succulents
These are so cute! Great for rustic or modern weddings.
by cactus limon
6. These small favor bags with a heart are cute for candy
by bree westwood
7. Or these wholesale wine bags as favors / wedding party gifts
by habitation boheme
8. Burlap can be wrapped around your bouquet
by melody brook
9. Or wrapped around a large monogram letter
by 4th generation designs
10. Capture your first few moments as Mr and Mrs with a burlap banner
by lisa t creations, photo: monica s photography
11. Use a burlap design print on your bridal shower invites
by evince design
12. A burlap design print on programs is lovely, too
by red letter vows
13. Pick a guest book covered in burlap
by lace and twig
14. And garland to direct guests to scribble in it
by the lanes creative
15. Have guests wave these cute burlap ribbon wands at your ceremony
by kate kate nyc
16. And have your ring bearer carry a cute burlap-wrapped ring pillow
by the artsy hippie
17. Burlap can decorate your flower girl’s basket
by michele’s cottage
18. It also adds texture to your reception tables
by anto arts
19. It looks great as a burlap runner for your sweetheart table
Here is a brilliant example spotted at Country Barn Babe. Love those boots? Me too! We couldn’t find the exact match, but these are gorgeous.
by country barn babe
20. Also at your sweetheart table, add a comfy pillow with favorite lyrics
Here is just one example (and boy, do I love this song):
by sweet pickle shop