Looking for the best burgundy wedding ideas? We’ve found over fifty of them to inspire you! Here’s how to plan from start to finish with one of our favorite colors: burgundy. Subscribe here or you’ll miss out on future posts like this one!
Plan a beautiful burgundy wedding theme from start to finish with these amazing + inspiring ideas!
Hi, lovelies, Emma here and we loooooove sharing a new theme with you guys. One of my favorite colors is burgundy, so naturally, planning a burgundy themed wedding was a fun and easy task and you’re going to love what we found!
In this post, you’ll find the best burgundy wedding invitations, bridesmaid dresses, burgundy wedding decorations, wedding favors, and more.
Plus, we’ll answer your top questions like what wedding colors go with burgundy, and what season is best for a burgundy wedding theme. These are things you may be wondering as you browse these burgundy wedding ideas, and they are things I was wondering, too!
Let’s get to it!
What wedding colors go with burgundy?
Burgundy is a rich shade of red and is powerful; it pairs best with gold (my favorite!), beige, nude, white, or a pale blue or soft blush. Avoid pairing burgundy with wedding colors such as dark green, red, orange, or yellow.
What season is best for a burgundy wedding theme?
While burgundy is used most often in fall and winter, you CAN (absolutely!) plan a burgundy wedding theme in spring or summer, too!
What are some burgundy wedding theme color palettes?
Some of our favorite color palettes for a burgundy inspired wedding are:
-Burgundy and Gold
-Burgundy and Lavender
-Burgundy and Sage with Hints of Pale Pink
-Burgundy and Gray
-Burgundy and Blush Pink
-Burgundy and Navy Blue (one of my favorites!)
These are just a few, and you’ll see some of these in action in this round-up of burgundy wedding ideas. (You’ll notice there are more than fifty ideas here since some of these items list more than one.) Enjoy!
How to Plan a Burgundy Wedding
First things first: you’ll want to set the tone of your wedding with save the dates and invitations. Here are some of our favorite burgundy wedding ideas, starting with stationery.
1. Burgundy wedding save the date cards
Beautiful in burgundy with hints of gold foil! By RenCreate.
2. Burgundy save the date magnets
These fun wood magnets are personalized and perfect for guests to place on their refrigerators! By RusticLoveandWood.
3. Change the date cards in burgundy
4. Burgundy wedding invitations
Of course, kicking off the theme with burgundy wedding invitations is a great way to solidify the tone and color palette of your wedding. I find that picking out the invitation you like first is very helpful in determining the other colors you’ll be using throughout your wedding. Here are a few invites to inspire you.
– These invites with floral motif by Phrosne Ras
– This burgundy wedding invitation suite by Alethea and Ruth
– These botanical invites by Susan Moyal
– This style by Basic Invite
They also offer these cool all-in-one invites with the RSVP card included. Available here.
– Acrylic wedding invites in burgundy with gold and royal blue by VinasInvitation
– Burgundy wedding invitations by Elmwood Paperie
A stunning wedding suite!
5. Carry this burgundy bridal bouquet
It is stunning! By Blue Orchid Creations.
6. Pick out these burgundy bridesmaid dresses
You can pick from a ton of these dresses from Dessy. Here are just a few on the site that caught our eye:
You can see more in their collection here.
They’re so beautiful! Plus, the price is amazing — around $99! By Renz.
Or pick bridesmaid skirts instead paired with these gorgeous white lace tops! I love this look! Both pieces by StylishBrideAccessories.
7. Carry this beautiful burgundy wedding bouquet made of sola flowers
Shown in navy, burgundy, and ivory. Beautiful! By 2ndHandStardust.
Also loving this style:
8. Propose to bridesmaids with these burgundy wedding jewelry gift sets
9. Deck out the littlest attendant in these adorable burgundy flower girl dresses
These are adorable! This sequin and burgundy flower girl dresses are adorable! By CustomCrownss.
And this one by The Little Kitten Boutique.
Or this one by DearMimiDress. I love the combination of burgundy, white, and gold.
10. Burgundy wedding boutonnieres
I love these! Burgundy wedding boutonnieres, paired with shades of blush and baby’s breath. So elegant! By SERENITY.
They pair beautifully with these…
11. Wedding wrist corsages with shades of burgundy and blush
12. Decorate your tables with these burgundy wedding table runners
These gauze runners are very popular right now! Love ’em in burgundy. By LovelyHeartThings.
Or these dusty pink runners in sumptuous velvet by KraftologyStudio:
13. Greet guests with this burgundy wedding seating chart
LOVE this combination of burgundy and gold! This sign is customizable, so if your color palette is burgundy and soft blue, or burgundy and blush, etc., just change it to coordinate with your own style! By OhLillyDesigns.
14. Place these burgundy wedding menus at place settings
15. Carry this burgundy bridal clutch
I love the personalized monogram! This is a bag you’ll ACTUALLY keep using after the wedding, too! By NavesDesign.
16. Give these pashminas out to guests as favors
If giving them as gifts to bridesmaids, remember — a cream-colored pashmina will look best against their burgundy dresses! Here’s one by WhereToGet:
17. Give guests these can cooler favors
Cheers to many years and cold beers! By Sip Hip Hooray.
18. Or these burgundy wedding favor candle tins
19. Or put your favorite candies in these beautiful favor boxes
20. Or these beautiful “let love grow” seed favors
They’re a beautiful eco-friendly favor idea! By MVCreativeMaison.
21. Have your ring bearer carry this burgundy wedding ring pillow
This is gorgeous! By Handmade4Brides.
Or this one! Ahhh, I love the burgundy flowers here! By Serenity.
22. Have guests sign in your burgundy guest book
23. Dress groomsmen in these floral burgundy wedding bow ties
24. And have your ring bearer wear this adorable bow tie set
25. Get ready in style with these burgundy wedding robes for bridesmaids
26. Line your ceremony aisle with these burgundy, navy, and pink rose petals
27. Cut the cake with this glam wedding cake server
28. Hang up this darling burgundy backdrop
It features a pretty design with burgundy and blush pink flowers, along with your names and wedding date. By BlushingDrops.
29. Decorate tables with these faux burgundy flower centerpieces in mason jars
Beautiful! By FlowersForEverAfter.
30. Decorate your space with this burgundy balloon arch kit
31. Place these burgundy wedding table numbers around your reception
Or these acrylic table numbers by DetailsandSwirls.
32. Burgundy place cards
33. Have your flower girl carry these burgundy wedding baskets
34. Display this signature cocktail sign at your wedding
35. Or this one, named after your pet
36. Greet guests with this amazing burgundy wedding welcome sign
I just love the lettering and the floral design here! By PrettiestLilThings.
37. Wear these fun burgundy wedding sequin shoes
38. Get ready with bridesmaids in these burgundy wedding flannels
They’re even embroidered with their monograms! So cute! We love bridesmaid flannels around here. :) By BlynnsCreativeDesign.
39. Use these ceremony programs
They’re beautifully made and double as fans for humid or hot ceremonies, too! By Julie Hanan Design.
40. Add this beautiful burgundy wedding sash to your gown
Or this one by MagnificenceBridal. Stunning (+ so sparkly!)
41. Deck out your cake with this topper
It has a monogram initial and burgundy wedding flowers surrounding it. By LavaGifts.
42. Or add burgundy wedding flowers to your cake
These flowers are the perfect topper to your burgundy wedding cake! By Parsi.
Also, this example from KelsieCakes is beautiful!
Or this burgundy wedding sugar flower (from here):
43. Use a ring box instead of a ring pillow
44. Use these burgundy wedding postage stamps
On all correspondence! By CreoStudy.
45. Send guests these burgundy wedding thank you cards
Available in a postcard! By Creo Study.
And there you have it: how to plan a burgundy wedding! This theme has it all — rich color, beautiful accents, and a ton of versatility for any season. I hope this post helps you as you plan a burgundy wedding theme!
Which of these burgundy wedding ideas is your favorite? Tell us in the comment box below!