Looking for the best burgundy wedding ideas? We’ve found over 50 of them to inspire you! Here’s how to plan from start to finish with one of our favorite colors: burgundy. Subscribe here or you’ll miss out on future posts like this one!
Plan a beautiful burgundy wedding theme from start to finish with these amazing + inspiring ideas!
One of my favorite colors is burgundy, so naturally, planning a burgundy-themed wedding is a fun task that is so easy when you know where to find the best details.
Plus, we’ll answer your top questions like what wedding colors go with burgundy, and what season is best for a burgundy wedding theme. These are things you may be wondering as you browse these burgundy wedding ideas, and they are things I was wondering, too.
Let’s get to it!
What wedding colors go with burgundy?
Burgundy is a rich shade of red and is powerful; it pairs best with gold (my favorite!), beige, nude, white, or a pale blue or soft blush. Avoid pairing burgundy with wedding colors such as dark green, red, orange, or yellow.
What season is best for a burgundy wedding theme?
While burgundy is used most often in fall and winter, you CAN (absolutely!) plan a burgundy wedding theme in spring or summer, too!
What are some burgundy wedding theme color palettes?
Some of our favorite color palettes for a burgundy inspired wedding are:
-Burgundy and Gold
-Burgundy and Lavender
-Burgundy and Sage with Hints of Pale Pink
-Burgundy and Gray
-Burgundy and Blush Pink
-Burgundy and Navy Blue (one of my favorites!)
These are just a few, and you’ll see some of these in action in this round-up of burgundy wedding ideas. (You’ll notice there are more than fifty ideas here since some of these items list more than one.) Enjoy!
Burgundy Wedding Ideas 2022
First things first: you’ll want to set the tone of your wedding with save the dates and invitations. Here are some of our favorite burgundy wedding ideas, starting with stationery.
1. Burgundy wedding save the date cards
Beautiful in burgundy with hints of gold foil! By RenCreate.
2. Burgundy save the date magnets
These fun wood magnets are personalized and perfect for guests to place on their refrigerators! By RusticLoveandWood.
3. + 4. Burgundy wedding invitations
Kicking off the theme with burgundy wedding invitations is a great way to solidify the tone and color palette of your wedding. I find that picking out the invitation you like first is very helpful in determining the other colors you’ll be using throughout your wedding. Here are a few invites to inspire you.
– These invites with floral motif by Phrosne Ras
– This burgundy wedding invitation suite by Alethea and Ruth
– These botanical invites by Susan Moyal
– This style by Basic Invite
They also offer these cool all-in-one invites with the RSVP card included. Available here.
– Burgundy wedding invitations by Elmwood Paperie
A stunning wedding suite!
5. Carry this burgundy bridal bouquet
It is stunning! See this and other options at BeeBlooms.
6. Pick out these burgundy bridesmaid dresses
7. Carry this beautiful burgundy wedding bouquet made of sola flowers
See the many styles of navy, burgundy, and more at LilyOfAngeles as one resource.
8. Propose to bridesmaids with these burgundy wedding jewelry gift sets
9. Burgundy wedding boutonnieres
I love these! Burgundy wedding boutonnieres, paired with shades of blush and baby’s breath. So elegant! By SERENITY.
They pair beautifully with these…
11. Wedding wrist corsages with shades of burgundy and blush
12. Decorate your tables with these burgundy wedding table runners
These gauze runners are very popular right now! Love ’em in burgundy. By LovelyHeartThings.
13. Greet guests with these burgundy cocktail stirrers
These are amazing! By HellaCraftyCo.
14. Place these burgundy wedding menus at place settings
15. Carry this burgundy bridal clutch
I love the personalized monogram! This is a bag you’ll ACTUALLY keep using after the wedding, too! By NavesDesign.
16. Give our cozy pashminas out to guests as favors
Choose burgundy or cream for a perfect color palette. Get them at MyWeddingPashmina.
17. Give guests these can cooler favors
18. Or these burgundy wedding favor candle tins
19. Or put your favorite candies in these beautiful favor boxes
20. Or these beautiful “let love grow” seed favors
They’re a beautiful eco-friendly favor idea! By MVCreativeMaison.
21. Have your ring bearer carry this burgundy wedding ring pillow
I love the burgundy flowers here! By HBotanicsWeddings.
22. Have guests sign in your burgundy guest book
23. Dress groomsmen in these floral burgundy wedding bow ties
24. And have your ring bearer wear this adorable bow tie set
25. Get ready in style with these burgundy wedding robes for bridesmaids
26. Line your ceremony aisle with these burgundy, navy, and pink rose petals
27. Cut the cake with this glam wedding cake server
28. Hang up this darling burgundy backdrop
It features a pretty design with burgundy and blush pink flowers, along with your names and wedding date. By BlushingDrops.
29. Decorate tables with these faux burgundy flower centerpieces in mason jars
Beautiful! By FlowersForEverAfter.
30. Decorate your space with this burgundy balloon arch kit
31. Place these burgundy wedding table numbers around your reception
Or these acrylic table numbers by DetailsandSwirls.
32. Burgundy place cards
33. Have your flower girl carry these burgundy wedding baskets
34. Display this signature cocktail sign at your wedding
35. Or this one, named after your pet
36. Greet guests with this amazing burgundy wedding welcome sign
I just love the lettering and the floral design here! By WoodlandCustomDesign.
37. Wear these fun burgundy wedding sequin shoes
Or these… omg, adding to cart. By MayoChicSandals.
38. Get ready with bridesmaids in these burgundy wedding flannels
They’re even embroidered with their monograms! So cute! We love bridesmaid flannels around here. :) By BlynnsCreativeDesign.
39. Use these ceremony programs
They’re beautifully made and double as fans for humid or hot ceremonies, too! By JulieHananDesign.
40. Add this beautiful burgundy wedding sash to your gown
Or this one by MagnificenceBridal. Stunning (+ so sparkly!)
41. Deck out your cake with this topper
It features gorgeous floral arrangements to add to your cake tiers. By HBotanicsWeddings.
42 Use a ring box instead of a ring pillow
43. Use these postage stamps
On all correspondence! By CreoStudy.
44. Use this bundle of acrylic signs
Amazing! By WoodlandCustomDesign.
45. Send guests these burgundy thank you cards
Available in a postcard! By Creo Study.
46. Place cards
These are delightful! By Itsy Belle Studio.
47. Floral Garland with Burgundy Flowers
Perfect for reception tables. By TheBridesBouquetcom.
48. Candle Holders
49. Groomsmen Socks
50. Makeup Bag
For the bride! By MoonwakeDesignsCo.
And there you have it: how to plan a burgundy wedding! This theme has it all — rich color, beautiful accents, and a ton of versatility for any season. I hope this post helps you as you plan a burgundy wedding theme!
Which of these burgundy wedding ideas is your favorite? Tell us in the comment box below!