Fins? Check. Cute swimsuit? Check. Drinks poolside? Check check! Okay, looks like you’re ready: here’s how to plan a mermaid bachelorette party with the BEST ideas for you + your bachelorettes.
Hi, mermaids! It’s time to gather up your fellow beaches and plan an amazing mermaid bachelorette party the bride will love. From iridescent everything — like hair scrunchies, fringe, backdrops, and balloons — to purple, aqua, and gold color palette, this party has something for everyone: yup, even a dinglehopper! :)
In this mermaid themed bachelorette round-up, we’re sharing everything you need from start to finish: mermaid themed invites, temporary tattoos, mermaid bachelorette tanks and swimsuits, and so much more. We even have festive must-haves to coordinate with your theme, like shimmery shell party plates, utensils, tablecloth, and cupcake toppers. Plus, we found mermaid bachelorette games to play with your crew, whether hanging out indoors, poolside, or at the bar. And of course, mermaid bachelorette party favors for guests to take home.
We’ve thought of it all so you don’t miss a thing: there’s even a fun mermaid drink to make with the recipe! I can’t wait to try it out myself; it sounds delicious!
Let’s dive right in!
Mermaid Bachelorette Party Ideas
1. Invite guests with mermaid bachelorette invitations
You can just edit these + email to guests. Super simple!
And seal ’em with these mermaid envelope sealers (by CocoBooHome):
2. Put on your mermaid bachelorette tattoos
These personalized tats:
Or these tats for your Mermaid Squad:
3. Give guests these “to have and to hold your hair back” ties
These hair tie favors are always a hit!
Or these amazing iridescent scrunchies:
4. Hang up this mermaid bachelorette banner
Fun, right? And oh-so-glittery!
It goes great with these straws:
5. Use these colorful mermaid party napkins
I love the purpley-aqua here! These napkins are completely customizable.
6. Drink from these personalized mermaid cups
Or these, a slightly different style:
And inside the cup…
7. Make “Mermaid Water” drinks!
The cocktail recipe is already printed on these coasters, so it’s easy! Drink recipe + coaster = all in one.
8. Put this Mermaid to Mrs banner on the bride
A must-have for a mermaid bachelorette party celebration!
It goes great with this mermaid bachelorette party veil:
9. Wear these mermaid bachelorette party tanks
Get ready to “party your tails off”. Cute!
Or shake your shells:
I love these, too:
And these: “I washed up like this”. Amazing!
Or these cute sea-inspired shades:
10. Wear these mermaid bachelorette swimsuits
Or go all-in and wear a mermaid swimsuit like this all day, poolside:
Or these “trading my tail” swimsuits for you and your beaches:
Want to go FULL-IN as a mermaid? You can actually get an adult mermaid fin, no joke:
And dry off with these towels:
11. Or these rompers instead
If you prefer rompers, wear these! They can be used as swimsuit covers, too.
12. Keep the sun outta your pretty face with mermaid bachelorette party hats
These are a fun accessory for your crew.
13. Carry your essentials in a fun fanny pack
Going around town? Carry everything in style and leave your purse at home with these fun holographic fanny packs:
Or this style with a mermaid fin! Ha!
14. Float with your fins on
And obviously, you’ll need a pool float (or 3) of these to make a big statement. :) By Jasonwell.
15. Add a water-inspired backdrop like this fringe
Love the color here!
Or deck out a wall with this cool mermaid balloon design and backdrop panels:
16. Or this mermaid tassel garland
The best combination of colors, right here:
Or this mermaid fin garland:
17. Grab this Last Splash mermaid pool party ball
Or get a few to play volleyball in the pool. Customized for the bachelorette!
18. Give these mermaid champagne flutes to your partygoers
They’re plastic, so they’re totally pool-approved.
Or these from the same shop: tumbler cups!
Or these stemless wine tumblers — love the “Mermaid of Honor” and “Brides Mermaid”.
We spotted these hand-painted mermaid wine glasses and HAD to share them. How cool are these? They’re completely custom-painted for each bridesmaid / bachelorette.
Beaching it instead of going poolside? Use these beach spiker cup holders instead!
19. Grab some mermaid bachelorette drink floats
They’re personalized with your bachelorettes names!
20. Deck out the space with mermaid bachelorette balloons
They’re iridescent and shimmery!
And this “Tail to a Veil” balloon kit:
21. Offer mermaid face masks to guests
If you’re partying indoors you may need bachelorette face masks for your fellow beaches! You can customize your own in a mermaid-inspired look and feel like these we made at ForYourParty as an example.
Or if you prefer reusable, this mermaid face mask is pretty on-point, tbh:
22. Even these mermaid bachelorette party utensils + plates match
We won’t let you miss a thing, even utensils!
Or shell plates for food + appetizers + dessert. Cute!
And be sure to add this shimmery tablecloth to round it all out, from the same shop:
Add this fun fishnet to the top!
You can actually get a HUGE party pack here.
23. Have guests sign on the guest book
Make your own DIY mermaid bachelorette party guest book with this foil print by Korry Brown:
Use an ultra-fine point sharpie and guests can initial on the fins or write their names small; once framed, the bride-to-be can display it at home or in the office with a reminder from her fun bachelorette bash.
Or this amazingly creative mermaid tail drop box guest book (from here):
24. The bride can drink from her own mermaid cup
It’s so shimmery!
25. Play this “Drink If” mermaid bachelorette game
It looks like a shell of a lot of fun.
Or this scratch-off “dare” game:
26. Sip from these iridescent mermaid slim can coolers
Get your fizz on.
Or these regular-size can coolers, customized with the bride’s name and location of your bachelorette party!
27. Strike a pose with these mermaid inspired bachelorette photo props
Great keepsakes from your party!
28. Add this mermaid cake topper to her dessert
Prefer cupcakes? Use these mermaid tail cupcake toppers from the same store:
29. Give out these mermaid bachelorette favors
These cute bottle openers make fun party favors for the bachelorettes!
Or send guests home with these boxes. Inside, you can put the hair ties we mentioned, some makeup, a gift card — anything!
30. After too much splashing… these hangover kits
“Even mermaids get hangovers.” Ha!
31. Of course, you can try to prevent hangovers with mermaid tumblers
These are so cute! I want one just to encourage myself to drink more water.
Or these skinny tumblers:
32. Give these hand-poured mermaid dreams candles as party favors
These look delightful!
33. Or any of these mermaid theme bachelorette party favors
– This necklace
– A dinglehopper :)
– This mermaid scales ring dish
– Mermaid cotton candy fin containers
– Cotton candy to go inside it
– Mermaid soap
34. Get a good night’s sleep after staying up all night with these sleep masks
They say, “Partied my tail off”.
35. And this amazing mermaid bachelorette party gift for the bride
Surprise the mermaid of honor with this perfect gift set. I want those earrings!
36. After the party, send these thank you cards
They have a fun mermaid style and they’re personalized with your name.
Mermaid Themed Bachelorette Party Invites, Favors + More
Like something here? Want to buy it? Click on a photo or link underneath it to shop.
Have questions on how to plan a mermaid theme bachelorette bash?
No problem! We’re here to help. If you have questions, just ask! Also, we’d love to hear about your favorite mermaid theme party ideas in this post. Let us know in the comment box below.