Get ready to roll up your sleeves and try a new (easy) DIY project! You’re going to love making these hanging mason jar vases as wedding or home decor. We’ve teamed up with Blooms By The Box to show you how to make these hanging mason jar vases for your ceremony using flowers, craspedia, and greenery. These mason jars make beautiful aisle decor and can be hung from chairs, on shepherd’s hooks along the aisle, or from tree branches outdoors. These vases are easy to make and only require a few easy-to-find supplies. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
Hanging Mason Jar Vases
Here’s the hanging mason jar vases you’ll be making:
Lovely, am I right?
First, gather your supplies. You can find everything by clicking on the links below.
• Carnations Peach Fancy
• Rose Topaz
• Rose Free Spirit
• Craspedia Billy Ball
• Nageia Nagi
• Mason Jar
• Scissors (any pair you have will do!)
It’s easy to make hanging mason jar vases with a few simple steps. First, you’ll want to wrap the rope around your jar for easy hanging. Make sure to use durable rope, strong enough to hold the glass mason jar filled with water and flowers.
- Measure and cut 2 yards of rope.
- Tie it around the rim of the mason jar once and then tie a second knot, this will prove extra support and add a decorative macramé look to your jar.
- Wrap the ends of rope around the other side of the jar, repeat the first and second knots.
- Tuck one end of the rope underneath the rope that’s been wrapped around the rim of the jar and pull through the top, this will serve as your handle for the jar, so make sure it stays in the middle. Repeat on the other side.
- Fill your jar with fresh clean water to keep your flowers hydrated!
- Strip the thorns from the Free Spirit and Topaz Roses and cut the stems to size (on a 45-degree angle)
- Pluck the leaves from the Peach Carnations and cut the stem to size on a 45-degree angle
- Place the largest Free Spirit rose, your focal flower, in the center of the mason jar
- Add your secondary flowers, the Topaz Rose and Carnations, as well as a few Billy Balls for filler.
- Tuck in a few greens like Nageia Nagi to frame your flowers
- Fill in with a few extra flowers until your mason jar looks full and fluffy!
- Tie the ends of your rope together so you can use it to hang your jar from a chair or stake along the aisle.
Ta-da! There you have it: beautiful mason jar vases for your wedding! I can’t wait to make these myself. :) Many thanks to Blooms By The Box for sharing their tutorial with our readers today! You can find everything you need for DIY projects and flower arrangements here.
This is a sponsored post by Blooms By The Box.
[…] had so much fun working on the DIY Hanging Mason Jar with our friends over at Emmaline Bride! They look lovely as aisle decor and can be hung from chairs or even tree branches. See the full […]
Comments are closed.