Calling all engaged nerds! And, we say that, of course, with the greatest affection. One of the wedding themes that doesn’t get nearly enough attention is an offbeat wedding. An offbeat wedding is non-traditional and includes creative touches to really bring out two people’s quirky personalities.
Geeky weddings are pretty amazing.
Nerdy, geeky, offbeat weddings are some of our favorites because there are SO MANY insanely creative ideas out there. In today’s post, we’ve rounded up fifty (plus!) greatest geeky wedding ideas of all time including finds from Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, The Big Bang Theory, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, Minecraft, and Game of Thrones, just to name a few. We’ve found a couple battling it out with light sabers in the form of a cake topper, a Harry Potter necklace gift for the groom to his bride, a set of Superhero garters for the entire bridal party to wear, a bracelet set for Game of Thrones enthusiasts, wedding art prints for your future Harry Potter decked out home, cuff links, wedding gift ideas, and more. Let’s just say we’ve found SO MUCH geeky goodness in this post and we are so delighted to share it with you. Plus, these are all handmade via Etsy (US). Anyways, grab your favorite coffee mug (like this, which is totally amazing) and let’s get to it!
P.S. there’s bound to be a TON of amazing finds we had to skip this time around. So, please forgive us if we missed your beloved cult classic. In fact, be sure to include it in the Facebook comments below because we’ll definitely be having a part two in the future.
Geeky Wedding Ideas
1. This Harry Potter wedding invitation
2. These geeky superhero garters for the bridal party
Which go great with this next one…
3. These superhero pins instead of boutonnieres
4. This Doctor Who inspired cake topper
5. This insanely creative Lord of the Rings invitation
6. These adorable Witch and Wizard Harry Potter pillowcase gift
7. This Star Wars inspired light saber topper
8. This periodic table guest book alternative
9. This Doctor Who ring box (instead of pillow)
10. This hilarious ‘Wedding is Coming’ Game of Thrones banner
11. This Harry Potter set of prints for the newlyweds
12. This Doge meme inspired card
13. This 8bit bowtie made of perler beads
14. This Doctor Who garter for the bride
15. These comic book champagne flutes
16. This Hunger Games inspired hoop art
17. These Doctor Who wedding invitations
Or these. I couldn’t pick a favorite.
Which go great with these cake forks…
18. Doctor and Companion wedding cake forks
19. These Star Wars cake toppers made out of legos
20. This cute Harry Potter inspired guest book print
To pair with this…
21. This Harry Potter cake topper
22. A set of His and Hers periodic table hand towels as a gift
23. These Superwoman heels
24. This Star Wars hoop art
25. This pair of Game of Thrones cufflinks
26. Or these ‘Wedding is Coming’ Game of Thrones wedding invitations
Or these. Again, I can’t pick favorites when it comes to these invites!
27. And these pilsner glasses for groomsmen, obviously
28. This pi wood photo prop
29. This Dalek cake topper set from Doctor Who
30. This ‘Always’ necklace for the Harry Potter bride as a gift
In fact, we couldn’t just stop there. Here’s even MORE jewelry goodness, HP inspired, of course.
31. This Lord of the Rings inspired ring box
32. This his and hers Game of Thrones bracelet set, naturally Khal and Khaleesi
33. These ‘Darn Those Daleks’ lip balm favors
34. These dorky science inspired invitations that we absolutely love
35. These Big Bang Theory Bazinga cuff links
Which goes great with…
36. This liquor flask for groomsmen
37. These Star Wars bow ties
38. This totally awesome boutonniere with a motherboard attached
39. Or these Captain America boutonnieres
39. The bride can carry this comic book bouquet instead of fresh flowers
40. This is for the Minecraft loving couple
41. We’re obsessed with these ‘next level’ save the date cards
42. This Harry Potter Hogwarts inspired garter set
43. This Always cake topper is another Harry Potter find
44. We’re digging this Hunger Games inspired bouquet toss sign
45. And I love this Mockingjay inspired hair clip for the bride, or for anyone really
Which goes along great with…
46. This Hunger Games inspired bow tie set
47. These Super Mario inspired button bouts are pretty neat
48. These cuff links are perfect for the Lord of the Rings-obsessed groom
49. This live long and proper art
50. And this Speak Friend and Enter LOTR Sign
Great for your wedding and your home
Bonus: Bridal Shower Find
I am giddy with excitement over this bridal shower invite inspired by Super Mario! Ahhh, love this.
We love them all! Which one is your favorite?