These DIY pearl chair backs are one of our favorite projects right now! Find out more below and subscribe for more inspiration right to your inbox.
You’ll love these DIY pearl chair backs we’re sharing today by Totally Dazzled! These pearl strands will look beautiful on the backs of your reception chairs and make a lovely alternative to a chair sign (if that’s not your style). Make just a couple for the bride and groom’s chairs, or make a handful to place on the chair backs of your entire wedding party. You can also use this project as a beautiful way to ‘reserve’ the bride’s chair at the bridal shower or bachelorette party. Find out how it’s done and get the supplies you need to DIY your own pearl chair backs this weekend.
And if you don’t want to make them yourself, we’re also sharing where to buy them at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
DIY Pearl Chair Backs
This pearl strand chair decoration is simple and fun to make. Here’s what you need:
– Strings of pearls (they chose white pearls varied in size to add depth and character)
– Flower rhinestone pearl brooches (used in this project) or any of these brooches, depending on your style preference
– Hot glue gun (and hot glue — this one comes with glue)
1. First, you’ll want to arrange the string of pearls on the chair in the way you’d like them to look and add two of your favorite brooches.
2. Then, simply tie the string of pearls to each side of the chair to hold them in place and knot the ends with a loop.
3. Lastly, use your glue gun to glue your brooches directly onto the string of pearls to stay in place.
That’s it! You can see other Totally Dazzled DIY Projects with other easy suggestions.
Get the FREE Lookbook
For coordinating accessories, check out their new Lookbook with pearl and pink ideas. Here is a snippet of our favorites:
If you don’t want to make your own chairbacks, you can buy them handmade for you. Here are two resources we found for where to buy pearls for the backs of your chairs.
Buy Pearl Chair Backs for Wedding Decorations
As we mentioned in the DIY project, you don’t have to place a decoration on every single chair, unless you want to. These pearl chairbacks are great for accentuating the head table or your sweetheart table.
These first two chair decorations are by KimeeKouture.
And these decorations are by WeddingDecorandMore.
So, what do you think of these chair decorations? Are you adding them to your reception? I love these for a Gatsby-inspired / Art Deco themed wedding. Tell us about it in the comment box below!
EDITOR’S NOTE: Updated 2020 to update supply links/resources.
P.S. Love pearls? Perhaps this is the engagement ring for you!