A new theme is here! *throws confetti* Today we’ll tell you how to plan an art deco wedding from start to finish. Be sure to subscribe for more fun to your inbox!
Are you planning an Art Deco wedding theme? Love the idea of a Great Gatsby themed wedding reception or party? You’ll find everything (and we mean everything!) you need to make your roaring 20’s — art deco themed wedding — a major success.
Whether you’re planning an art deco inspired wedding shower or reception, you’ll find invitations, gifts, favors, jewelry, attire, table numbers, place cards, and so much more! We’re also sharing antique engagement rings for vintage-loving brides-to-be.
Let’s get to the fun! I love this theme!
Art Deco Wedding
First, how do you plan an art deco wedding theme? That’s easy: choose these 1920s wedding ideas below and pick a black and gold color palette OR navy blue and gold palette. Done! You can plan an art deco party or wedding any time of year, any season. We see this theme most often during the fall and winter, simply because you’re likely indoors in a ballroom or reception hall. However, you can plan a party around a vintage 20’s wedding theme any time of year.
Let’s begin the easy way: with an art deco wedding save the date!
How to Plan an Art Deco Wedding
1. Art deco save the date card
This is a navy blue and gold palette, which we also love as an alternative to black and gold. By TwoforJoyPaper.
2. Art deco wedding invitations
This first style is made of REAL gold foil. See how it shimmers in the animation below! By GeekInkDesign.
Here’s the entire suite:
We love to give you a few options, so here are a few other styles of black and gold wedding invitations for an Art Deco wedding theme.
First, these stunning gold and black pocketfold invites by ElleBeeDesignUK.
And these by FeelGoodInvites.
And this style in ornate navy and gold. I love the way this style looks! By Geek Ink Design.
If you prefer a deco nouveau style, opt for this (also by GeekInkDesigns):
And these moon inspired wedding invites! Great for a starry night wedding, too, with an art deco wedding theme. By GildedSwanPaperie.
3. Carry this Gatsby wedding bouquet made of feathers
This is the perfect wedding bouquet for an art deco bride! By BlueSkyHorizons.
4. Wear a pair of Gatsby inspired earrings
I LOVE this pair of dangling gold art deco earrings! I want these just to wear for formal occasions. Perfect for the Gatsby loving bride! By BlingBaddaBoom.
This pair is by SukranKirtisJewelry.
Also loving these marquise earrings by LottieDaDesigns.
5. This stunning Great Gatsby inspired beaded bridal cover up
Wear this over your gown for an extra dash of glamour! By MagnificenceBridal.
6. Wear this unique bridal hair chain
Also love this style by RachelChaprunne.
7. Decorate with this art deco wedding artwork
It’s customized to look like you: skin color, hair color, eye color, color palette, and more! By ConsiderGraphics.
8. Seat guests with this art deco wedding seating chart
9. Have guests sign on this art deco guest book sign
Love! By Girlinair.
Or this hard bound book with a cool gold design by EvelynRoseBooks.
10. Top your cake with art deco wedding cake topper
Love this style by Thistle and Lace:
11. Paper moon cake topper
Or this paper moon inspired design. By JolieEnRoseVintage.
12. Feather art deco wedding cake topper
Prefer feathers? Try this topper by ThoseDays.
13. Decorate tables with these acrylic art deco wedding table numbers
LOVE! By ZCreateDesign.
Or these wooden style table numbers by Thistle and Lace:
And these paper table numbers look lovely, too! By ElleBeeDesignUK.
14. Adorn your guest book table with this signage, in gold or glitter gold
It looks perfect for a Gatsby inspired wedding. By ZCreateDesign.
15. Use this black and gold art deco wedding card box
This is such a beautiful style! By Z Create Design.
This gold mirror card box we recently featured is a good option, too.
16. Have guests pose in front of this cool backdrop
Customize it with your names and “wedding” on the backdrop (or wedding shower / bachelorette party / etc.) By PaperRamma.
17. Decorate your cake with this edible paper wafer design
Such a cool idea! By A Cake To Remember.
18. Deck out your chairs with these cool Gatsby chair signs
19. Use this art deco wedding ring box
It has a cool Gatsby themed wedding pattern to it! By DazzlingExpressions.
20. Give your tables a glamorous look with sequin table runners
These by ArcadiaWeddingDesign are lovely!
21. Use this signature drinks sign at the bar
22. Seat guests with these art deco wedding place cards
23. Light up the night with this neon sign
Neon signs are so in for weddings! This is great — it reads, “Just Married” and will look beautiful in your reception site. By CreativeDecorUa.
24. Rock this Gatsby inspired dress to your rehearsal dinner
Or have bridesmaids wear these to the wedding! So pretty in gold! By Gatsbylady.
And I’m obsessed with this Gatsby inspired bridesmaid dress! Also by Gatsby lady.
25. Wear this necklace — or give as gifts to your bridesmaids
26. Give your bridesmaids these gold and lace clutch purses
Add special messages inside! By JuniperAndLace.
27. And this gold and glitter clutch for your mom
28. Carry this feathery bridal clutch
I love this! By CloeNoel.
29. Give this art deco wedding boutonniere to your groom and groomsmen to wear
30. Wear this stunning art deco wedding garter
31. And these unique finger-less gloves
So glamorous! By KristinPerryInc.
32. Wear this stunning hair comb in your bridal hairstyle
It is made of mother of pearl. By Aristocrafts.
33. Give these lace lockets to your bridesmaids
Include a favorite photo inside. By Aristocrafts.
34. Use this beautiful geometric stamp on all your wedding stationery
It adds that little something to your invites, save the dates, and more! By PaperPeachShop.
35. Invite guests to sign your Gatsby inspired wedding guest book
I love this! Check out the back, too! By PaperPeachShop.
36. And make sure guests sign with these feather pens
So fun! By TheENDboutique.
37. Have these lovely Gatsby wedding welcome boxes waiting for guests
38. Set up favors with this themed sign
By Vine Wedding.
39. Decorate the head table with this art deco wedding sign
By ZCreate Design.
40. Give out these can cooler art deco wedding favors
Love the style on these! By Rook Design Co.
41. Buy chocolate candies and adorn with these
42. Gift your bridesmaids these cute bags + cooler favors + other giftables
Use these bags and foam can coolers by Gracious Bridal.
43. Use these thank you cards for your wedding party
43. Give these gold druzy earrings to bridesmaids
I love these. By ConstanceEarthStones.
Or these in black!
44. This gold sequin clutch is amazing
I love this. By ConstanceHandcrafted.
45. Give these chocolate bar favors
These have custom art deco wedding labels! By LabelsRUs.
46. Or these rock candy favors
In gold and black! By CupcakeNovelties.
47. Use these art deco wedding napkins
48. Give these Gatsby groomsmen cufflinks
They make great gifts. By TheBlueAgaveStudio.
49. Use these fun photo props at your reception
50. Hang your dress on this stylish hanger
51. Hang up these bathroom signs
OMG these are amazing! By punchpaper.
And honestly… I want this bathroom sign for my home. You, too? :) It’s so glamorous! By TheMetalFoundry.
Finally… plan a sparkler send off!
Use these matchboxes by Tea and Becky:
And source your sparklers for cheap (in bulk!) from here.
Art Deco Wedding Rings
And… I could never do an art deco wedding round up without sharing these stunning engagement rings! If you’re a vintage, Gatsby-era loving reader, chances are you want to kick off the fun with an art deco inspired engagement ring. Here are a few by Artemer we absolutely love!
And this stunning wedding band:
So… what do you think of these art deco wedding ideas? Are you planning a Gatsby themed wedding? Tell us about it in the comment box below!
P.S. How do you plan a bachelorette party for the bride who loves this theme? Here’s how to plan a champagne themed bachelorette party (of course!)