One of our favorite decor ideas for vintage or classic weddings is a starry night wedding theme. Starry night weddings revolve around star-themed finds, constellation inspired decorations, and a dark blue and white color palette with metallic silver or gold accents. You’ll want lots of romantic light, like these in jars and these all over your reception.
We love starry night weddings because they’re utterly romantic and incredibly versatile. You can opt for a more vintage starry night wedding by holding the reception in a lavish ballroom with art deco accents, or make it modern with a unique venue like a rooftop night wedding reception, complete with dancing under the stars.
To show you how beautiful this theme truly is, we’ve rounded up thirty of our favorite handmade finds for inspiration. Scroll down to begin!
Starry Night Wedding Theme Ideas
Use this post as an inspiration board, gathering up your favorite starry night ideas to use for your wedding. Let’s get started with some beautiful hanging decor.
1. Send starry night wedding save the dates
Kick-off the fun with theme details, right from the start! These save the dates are beautiful and handmade by RusticStardust.
2. Send invitations with a starry night theme, like these
I love these celestial wedding invitations by GildedSwanPaperie. They’re beautiful!
Or these, by LadyJae.
These invitations from JessieAndJabberwock are perfect!
Also lovin’ these starry night wedding invites by Hooray Creative:
You can even create a matching suite, like a free wedding website here.
3. And use this guest book poster at your entryway table
Place a guest book poster with a starry night theme, like this on an easel at your entrance, either at the ceremony or reception. By MissDesignBerryInc.
4. Or use a traditional guest book but with a cool star map
5. Wear a starry inspired wedding hair accessory
Like this lovely stars and moons veil by Gilded Shadows.
Also love this unique star studded hair accessory by Erica Elizabeth Designs.
Or this cool celestial hair pin set by VintageForAges.
6. Pick a wedding band like these, so you’ll remember your starry night theme always
Like this, from v4velvet…
… or this sparkly starry night wedding band by alittlebirdjewelry…
Or this wider band, from Tresors du Jour…
This rough diamond ring is an engagement ring that has a cool starry design along its band. I love the way this looks! By OrnamentoStudio.
And here’s a cool starry night themed wedding band for him! By MedvedikArt. It’s so rugged!
7. Place these luminaries around your reception or to line a path outdoors
8. Have one of these moon backdrops for your photo booth
These backdrops are handmade by Paper Moon Shoppe Co. Guests will love to step up and take their photo in front of these vintage-inspired half moons. A fun idea would be to plan the photo booth with a polaroid guest book. (Read this post for more info.)
If those are no longer available… try a star backdrop like these!
Or this awesome one from Shindigz:
You can also create your own cool backdrop wall with these gold stars by EnFete.
Or this alternate style (from the same shop):
9. Give these cool initial necklaces as bridesmaid gifts
10. Use this topper on your cake
11. Have guests find their seats with this starry night wedding seating chart
12. Give these starry night bow ties for groomsmen to wear
13. You’ll also want these ceremony programs with a starry theme
These unique programs are so beautifully made by PaperPeachShop and include details about your courtship, wedding party, and ceremony.
Don’t forget the matching guest book! Also by Paper Street Press.
These starry programs are another great idea! By Hooray Creative.
14. Hang this starry garland across empty walls or from tree branches outdoors
These garland is incredible. By ginew.
Also loving this fabric garland:
Or this festive bunting by AFeteBeckons:
15. Give these candles to guests as favors
Or these charming gold boxes filled with your favorite chocolates (by Lelapinsaute):
16. And leave these fun button pins out at tables for guests to wear
17. Wear these creative constellation earrings
18. This beautiful starry inspired sash will look great with your gown
By Enrich by Millie.
19. Propose to bridesmaids with this star and moon necklace
By Emery and Opal.
20. Carry this pretty bridal clutch with a rich blue bow
21. Place these starry agate numbers at your reception tables
They’re so cool — they’re made of agate! By DearDarlingDesignUS.
22. And, if you like, you can assemble your own favors, like these
23. These menus will look great atop guests’ place settings
24. We love, love, love these necklaces for bridesmaids
And this cool crushed crystal moon necklace by VillaSorgenfrei:
25. These constellation ring dishes, too
26. And these chic wine glasses for toasting during the reception
By Ballou Sky.
Now there are also starry night champagne flutes available! I want a set like this! From the same shop.
27. Give these watches to groomsmen
By Red Juan Shop.
28. Or these starry night wedding cufflinks
By Karavaki Shop.
If those aren’t available, buy them from JujuTreasures.
29. This art print will look great as part of your cake table decor
And it will look fantastic at home afterward, too! By JoylarkStudio.
30. This starry night weddings guest book
A must-have! Beautiful as a guest book or photo album to remember the day. By WhitePigeonBindery.
31. Add these starry night stamps
And these cool wax seals by HappyJewelrySupplies:
32. Plan a sparkler exit
What is better than a sparkler exit for a starry night wedding? Make your grand exit with sparklers and use these fun matchboxes to light ’em! By StudioPortmanteau.
You can buy sparklers in bulk here for cheap.
33. Place these celestial escort cards at your reception
They go great with these matching constellation name table number alternatives! Also by RachelEmmaStudio.
34. Give these star foil print scarves to guests or bridesmaids
Want to keep guests or bridesmaid warm? Give them these star scarves by AuroraGraceDesign.
35. Decorate the reception with these hanging lanterns
Oh, how we adore star shaped lanterns! You can buy them here.
Or use this cool moon arch.
36. And, of course, grab a pair of these tees for you and your spouse-to-be
They’re awesome. By Blackbird Tees.
Now it’s YOUR turn:
What do you think of starry night weddings?
Comment below! You know we love to hear from you! :)