One of our favorite decor ideas for vintage or classic weddings is a starry night wedding theme. Starry night weddings revolve around star-themed finds, constellation inspired decorations, and a dark blue and white color palette with metallic silver or gold accents. You’ll want lots of romantic light, like these in jars and these all over your reception.
We love starry night weddings because they’re utterly romantic and incredibly versatile. You can opt for a more vintage starry night wedding by holding the reception in a lavish ballroom with art deco accents, or make it modern with a unique venue like a rooftop night wedding reception, complete with dancing under the stars.
To show you how beautiful this theme truly is, we’ve rounded up thirty of our favorite handmade finds for inspiration. Scroll down to begin!
Starry Night Wedding Theme Ideas
Use this post as an inspiration board, gathering up your favorite starry night ideas to use for your wedding. Let’s get started with some beautiful hanging decor.
1. Decorate the reception with these hanging lanterns
Oh, how we adore these star shaped lanterns! You can buy them here.
2. Send invitations with a starry night theme, like these
These invitations from WildHeart Paper are perfect!
Also lovin’ these starry night wedding invites by The Woolberry Press:
3. And place this sign at your ceremony entrance
Place a sign like this on an easel at your entrance, either at the ceremony or reception. By MDB Weddings.
5. Wear a starry inspired wedding hair accessory
6. Pick a wedding band like these, so you’ll remember your starry night theme always
Like this, from Venus Velvet…
Or this wider band, from Tresors du Jour…
7. Place these luminaries around your reception or to line a path outdoors
8. Have one of these moon backdrops for your photo booth
These backdrops are handmade by Paper Moon Shoppe Co. Guests will love to step up and take their photo in front of these vintage-inspired half moons. A fun idea would be to plan the photo booth with a polaroid guest book. (Read this post for more info.)
Or one of these!
9. Give these cool initial necklaces as bridesmaid gifts
10. Use this topper on your cake
11. Have guests find their seats with this starry night wedding seating chart
12. When sending invitations, use this starry night return stamp
By Paper Peach Shop.
13. You’ll also want these ceremony programs with a starry theme
These unique programs are so beautifully made by PaperPeachShop and include details about your courtship, wedding party, and ceremony.
14. Hang this starry garland across empty walls or from tree branches outdoors
These garland is incredible. By ginew.
Also loving this fabric garland:
15. Give these candles to guests as favors
I’m loving these bride and groom chair signs! By Soumyas Invitations.
By Zelma Rose.
By Ballou Sky.
By Red Juan Shop.
By Karavaki Shop.
And it will look fantastic at home afterward, too! By Bask In Design.
30. This starry night weddings guest book
A must-have! Beautiful as a guest book or photo album to remember the day. By Colifichets.
31. Bonus – And, of course, grab a pair of these tees for you and your spouse-to-be
They’re awesome. By Blackbird Tees.
Hover your mouse over the image below and click the Pinterest button
Now it’s YOUR turn:
What do you think of starry night weddings?
Comment below! You know we love to hear from you! :)