Oh, we’re getting in the fall spirit: here’s how to plan a pumpkin themed wedding for fall! Find out all about it with over fifty unique handmade wedding finds. Subscribe to the list now so you don’t miss out on future inspiration!
If you are planning a fall wedding (or even early winter), a pumpkin themed wedding may be the right choice for you. There are many ways to style a pumpkin inspired wedding without it looking like a Halloween party — promise! With these beautiful handmade finds, you’ll learn how to plan a pumpkin wedding just in time for the season.
(P.S. If you DO want the Halloween wedding theme, go for it! Here are ideas to get started.)
If you’re thinking…
hmm, okay, pumpkins: what’s the big deal, Emma? Can I really make it a theme? Yes!
You know me well enough by now to know that virtually ANYTHING can be made into a theme, and it can be done with elegance — when done properly.
So, pumpkins. For starters, pumpkins are the sign of the season. As soon as they start bringing out those mini pumpkins at the grocery store, you know the leaves are just about to start changing color. I get inspired for home pumpkin decor even before I start seeing those fun fall doormats popping up everywhere.
Like this. I’m loving it! By TheLetteredPeach. You, too?
And even before I break out my fave pair of fall boots! And wayyyyy before my first sip of Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Sidebar: Sometimes, I wait too long, and then when I finally go get my PSL, they say, “Sorry, m’am, we’re all out”. Number one, how dare you. Secondly, “m’am“? ;)
As a rule of thumb, planning a pumpkin themed wedding — as with all themes — you needn’t use every single pumpkin-inspired find. Be specific on which pumpkin ideas you like best. Then infuse your decor with rich color and seasonal pampas grass, sunflowers, robust flower arrangements, etc.
Ahhhh. So lovely! I can practically feel the chilly air and feel the crunchy leaves beneath my feet!
So, for a pumpkin wedding theme, choose your favorites and remember: less is more.
Pumpkin Themed Wedding Ideas
For your pumpkin inspired wedding, dream of where you’d like to tie the knot. Outdoors near a pumpkin patch? A barn wedding? Indoors in a church or other place of worship? In a banquet hall or ballroom? Once you decide where you’ll tie the knot, the details and decorations can start to fall into place.
Ideally, your wedding date for a fall wedding like this will occur in September, October, or even through November. What we love about this theme is how versatile it is: choose orange pumpkin motifs or opt for white pumpkins. Go classic and elegant — or fun and modern. Everything you decide is up to you!
We’ve hand-picked over fifty pumpkin wedding invitations, favors, decorations, cake toppers, bridesmaid gift ideas, table decor, centerpieces, and more to help you pick items that will create YOUR dream wedding.
So, let’s get started!
Every great wedding begins with — an invitation! Here are a few save the date cards and pumpkin themed wedding invitations to set the tone and theme of your day.
1. Send pumpkin themed save the dates
First things first: tell guests there’s a date to set! These wood pumpkin themed wedding save the date magnets are a top-seller. By HouseofFive.
This is a pretty design by FawcettPaperAve:
I love this style by WillowGlenStationery:
These are adorable! By GirlyTrend.
Or these pumpkin save the dates from ChrissyLStudiosLLC:
Also, check out these white pumpkin save the dates, if you prefer this style instead. By LovelyWowStudio.
Oh! If you’re planning an engagement party, these invites by PartyBeeInvitations are perfect!
2. And follow it up with pumpkin wedding invitations
NOTE: ALL of these invitations are on sale right now — 20% off! Today only with code: ONEMOREDAY4U.
This first invitation suite is designed by RusticWedding.
Love a rustic theme? Send these pumpkin invitations for a rustic wedding by CardHunter.
And these pumpkin wedding invites with a sparkly vibe! Looove! By LovelyWowStudio.
These orange pumpkin themed wedding invitations are another stylish stationery option! By CardHunter.
And these stylish pumpkin invites for fall weddings by CreativeUnionDesign.
For more pumpkin invites, check these out!
3. Carry this pumpkin wedding bouquet
4. Decorate your wedding with these felt pumpkins
These felt pumpkins are great as wedding decor and/or as take-home party favors! By PetruskaFairyWorld.
Or these linen ones, also cute! By DAmore1896.
And I love these paper pumpkins by RootToVine. So unique!
5. Put this pumpkin topper on your cake
So cute! By MorgantheCreator.
Or this one! Also super cute by SkyeArt.
Love ’em in orange? So do I! Here’s another option by the same shop.
Or this wood pumpkin topper (by ThePinkOwlDesigns) if you prefer this style:
And last but not least, these rocking chair cake toppers are sweet with pumpkins sitting inside them! By MorganTheCreator.
PRO TIP: For more pumpkin cake toppers, we wrote a post dedicated to them here!
6. Serve these pumpkin donuts on your dessert table
And send them home with guests with custom donut favor boxes, like these by HHPaperCo:
And these pumpkin sugar cookies by MarinoldCakes.
7. Set up your wedding tables like this
8. Use this pumpkin wedding card box instead of a regular one
Ahh, I love this charming pumpkin card box! By AMBCreationsShop.
9. Greet guests with this welcome sign
10. Serving wine? Add these custom labels to the bottles
Customize these labels with your wedding details. By VGInvites.
11. Use this pumpkin ring dish instead of a pillow
You can use this sweet ring dish after the wedding as a place to hold small jewelry. By OakKnollCreations.
Or this miniature pumpkin ring pillow alternative by KirahleyKreations:
12. Have your flower girl carry this burlap pumpkin basket
You can use this as a place to hold fall decor in your home after the wedding. By Chikapea.
13. Planning a sparkler exit? Give these matches to guests
These matchboxes also make great favors, with or without sparklers! By ForYourParty.
14. Giving cake slices or pie? Send guests home with these treat boxes
They say, “You are the pumpkin of my pie”. :) By For Your Party.
15. Serve up yummy coffee in these Pumpkin Spice + Everything Nice cups
16. Use these velvet pumpkins as decorations
Whether at your entry table or as centerpieces, these velvet pumpkins are always a hit! By YourHeartsContent.
And I know these aren’t pumpkins, but they’ll sure look cute along with your other decor: faux sunflowers.
17. Give these cork coasters as favors
Cute! By MyWeddingFavors.
18. Seat guests with these charming pumpkin wedding place card holders
19. Or these gorgeous pumpkin place cards
20. Prefer orange pumpkins? Use these pumpkins at guest seats
I love these, too! By MittenandPine. Great for the bride and groom’s seats, the head table, or go nuts: everyone gets a pumpkin! Plus, it doubles as the take-home favor AND place card.
21. Offer these pumpkin themed hand sanitizer favors
Or these by DazzlingDaisiesCo.
Prefer packets? You can completely customize these hand sanitizer packets! By HephzibahDesign.
22. And these pumpkin wedding face masks for guests
Another must-have for weddings this season! By PicturePerfectPapier.
And place this sign at the table for guests to take a mask (by GreenRidgeDesigns):
23. Serve drinks in these fun frost cups
They say, “Hey Pumpkin!” By ForYourParty.
Or these pumpkin themed wedding cups by YippeeDaisy:
Or these stadium cups! By YippeeDaisy.
24. Display this menu for guests
You can display a pumpkin themed wedding menu on an easel if you prefer. This is by SmittenPaperProps.
25. Or print menus for each guest’s seat
These pumpkin inspired menus are cute! Plus, they’re SUPER affordable. By RusticWeddings.
This style, too! Also from the same shop.
26. These pumpkin centerpieces are filled with flowers
These faux flower pumpkin centerpieces make a nice addition to this theme! By HomeonHolmes.
Or these sweet arrangements by ZuzysWay:
And these pumpkin wedding centerpieces by JustWeddingBouquets:
27. Use pumpkin signs instead of traditional ones
Show guests where to sign your guest book, place gifts or cards, welcome them to your wedding, etc. with these charming pumpkins! Made for you by ECLetters.
28. Send guests home with these can coolers
Or these! By the same shop.
29. Get a custom carved faux pumpkin
You can use this for years to come! I love how this looks. By PurpleInkGraphics.
Or get these carved pumpkins by CindysCarvedCreation:
Look how sweet this looks! By the same shop.
And these by StonyKins. So many from which to choose!
30. Give these lip balm favors to guests
Lip balms with pumpkins, completely personalized. By SugarLipsParty.
31. Create table numbers with faux pumpkins
If you’re using the pumpkin centerpieces shown on this list above, use these decals to turn them into table numbers, too! By LaVieEnRosesDesigns.
32. Give these pumpkin themed wedding boutonnieres to groomsmen
33. Use these painted mason jars in your decor
These aren’t pumpkins, but the white contrast on the painted mason jars and these arrangements make a lovely addition to your rustic wedding! By RustiqueCharmByLeese.
34. Use this fall garland anywhere you need added texture or color
35. Use these napkins at your tables or bar
36. Give out these seed packet favors
These seeds are perfect for a pumpkin themed wedding. By FavorUniverse.
37. Give s’mores favors
S’mores are always great for wedding favors, but are especially popular for fall weddings! We show you how to make your own s’more favors here — and you can seal them with these pumpkin inspired wedding stickers by MagnoliaStreetPaper.
38. Display this pumpkin guest book
Prefer a traditional guest book? Guests can sign in on this wood book that is engraved and personalized for your wedding. By Woodlack.
39. Use floating pumpkin candles
40. Hang this garland on a wall or around your cake table
41. Display table numbers with these stylish options
I like the way these pumpkin table numbers look! By CottonRidgeEmporium.
Or these by FawcettAvePaperCo:
42. Need a seating chart? Use this!
43. Have guests find their seats with these pumpkins
44. These pumpkin candles make great favors
Who doesn’t love a new candle? It’s the perfect take-home party favor for fall weddings. By AriaBellaCandles.
45. Have everyone sign-in on this pumpkin themed wedding guest book alternative
Love this 3D guest book idea! By Wedding3D.
46. Give these orange pashminas to bridesmaids + guests to stay cozy
By YadiMercier. Top photo by TomStudios.
47. Customize these pumpkin themed wedding programs
Great for your ceremony! By SmittenPaperProps.
Or these cool hand fan style by StyleWithCharm:
Or these by LovelyWowStudio:
Prefer a chalkboard style? See it in the same shop here.
Or these by CreativeUnionDesign.
48. Bridesmaids can wear these pumpkin colored dresses
So stylish + affordable! By RadiantRooster.
49. Give pumpkin themed wedding gifts to bridesmaids
Here are a few ideas:
– these pumpkin spice coffee travel mugs, personalized by CoffeeTimeDesigns
– these tumblers by JCVinylsShop
– this pumpkin themed wedding bangle bracelet by CuteStuffJewelry
– this pumpkin spice gift box by LittleFlowerSoapCo
– this pumpkin wish bracelet by CarettaCoastCo
– or this pumpkin bar necklace by WordsByHeartCo.
– For Hocus Pocus fans, this pumpkin orange hoodie is amazing! By VinylMusings
– This adorable smiling pumpkin wine glass by CoffeeConfettiCo
You can wrap up a bunch of gifties and present them in a tote bag like this (by TeeLoftDesigns):
50. Send these pumpkin themed wedding thank you cards
Wow, that’s a lot of pumpkin-spiration! :) Hope you enjoyed this round up.
How to Plan Pumpkin Themed Wedding
Need help? Just ask! You can email us here if you need any ideas or tips for putting together your pumpkin inspired fall wedding.
To buy anything you see here, just click on a photo or link underneath the image to shop.
Are you planning a pumpkin themed wedding? Tell us about it in the comment box below!