Plan a Portland themed wedding with the weirdest finds ever! It’s the latest CITYSERIES, exclusively at Emmaline Bride! Get in on the fun below + subscribe now for the latest!
Keep Portland weird! That’s the motto! Portland is known for being unique, offbeat, and totally cool and weird; let’s keep it that way. Today we’re showing you how to plan a Portland themed wedding with the coolest Portland, Oregon inspired finds on Etsy + beyond!
So, grab your favorite Portlandia one-liners (love that show!) and let’s get started! Enjoy!
Portland Wedding Ideas
For the best Portland themed wedding ideas, we turned to a few sources: Portland artists, Etsy, and Amazon. Let’s see what we found!
And before we get started, here’s a few pointers: to keep Portland truly weird and plan a unique wedding at the same time, plan a wedding:
-in and around Portland, Oregon
-support local Portland artists (many are listed here in this post!)
-give Portland themed wedding gifts to people you love as souvenirs
-give away Portland favors as a way to send guests home with a fun token of your appreciation
-map out a few fun local places (maybe to see these 12 Signs from Portland?)
-Portland has 12 bridges: here’s a list of the bridges ranked from bad to worst — ha! Apparently there’s so many bridges in Portland and also not enough, so check up on them!
-visit the largest independently owned (yay!) bookstore in the world in Portland, as well as the world’s smallest park! You can find out about these fun things here
-did you know? The city of Portland’s name was decided on a coin toss. Weird, but [email protected]
Okay, now… on to the planning! Here’s how to plan the weirdest Portland wedding ever!
1. Send Portland wedding save the dates
These are the ultimate. By Beyond Design.
2. Or send these cool wood magnet save the dates
They’re shaped like Portland! By GlowLuxeDesigns.
Or these, a skyline with a postcard style (by Hooray Creative):
3. Send this modern Portland themed wedding save the date
It has a very minimalist style we love! By EdenWeddingStudio.
4. Also lovin’ this watercolor Portland wedding invitation design
5. Or send woodland inspired Portland wedding invitations instead!
Planning a rustic Portland wedding? Send these invitations by Lakeside Paper Co.
Looking for something more of a city theme? This City of Bridges Portland wedding invitations are perfect! By PineappleStDesigns.
Good, now everyone is notified and invited to your Portland wedding. Let’s get planning the details!
Every bride / bridesmaid / guest will require one of these:
6. PORTLAND wedding tote bag!
Also, add these Portland cards to your bags! They’re handmade by FoxAndVelvet.
7. Give Portland wedding favors to your guests
One of our top picks: your favorite whole bean coffee! These chaming Portland wedding favor bags are perfect + ready for you by Mavora.
Or give these cute Keep Portland Weird ornaments, handmade by GivenWood.
Put your favorite candies inside these cute muslin favor bags with Oregon and a star on Portland (by BeCollective):
I’m loving these metal ornaments by rvmetalshop, too! They make fun Portland themed wedding favors.
Or give these cool city skyline ornaments to guests! These are incredibly done! By NestledPineWoodworks.
Or give out cute Oregon stickers, like these by HannahDunnART.
8. Add Portland inspired art to your welcome table
At your wedding, there will be a welcome table where your escort cards, welcome sign, card box, etc. can go. This is a great place to add custom art pieces, like this Portland typography art by TheDraftingRoom.
You need one of these pennants, obviously! By EmbellishmentsStudio.
And this Portland neighborhood art (by MrCityPrinting):
Or this minimalist art poster! By CulverAndCambridge.
Or use this art of the Portland bridges (by April Black Designs):
9. Hang this Stay Weird art as the backdrop for your photo booth or wall
10. Add this decorative Portland Temple art to your space
Getting married at the Portland temple? Here is a beautiful art piece as a reminder and decorative addition to your wedding reception space. By HisHouseInMine.
11. Have guests sign onto your Portland themed wedding guest book
It’s a view of the skyline and makes great art work in your home after the wedding! By Darlington Gustbooks.
12. Add this Married in Oregon topper to your wedding cake
13. Offer custom water bottles to guests
These have real foil on the labels and look so pretty! They feature your names, wedding date, and Portland, Oregon with the skyline. By Labels R Us.
14. Decorate an empty wall with these Pacific Northwest photographs
And this Portland metal art by CutMaps.
15. Give these Portland wedding cufflinks to groomsmen
16. Give these PDX rocks glasses to groomsmen, too
Great for toasting the groom! By BRVOglass.
17. Give bridesmaids a Portland inspired necklace gift
Or this City of Roses necklace, another perfect choice! By GiGisPetals.
18. And these Portland wedding wine glasses
Perfect for sipping while getting ready the morning of the wedding! By WellTold.
19. Or give bridesmaids these hand-poured Portland wedding candles
They’re made by a Portland, Oregon artist! Yay! By Coops Candle Co.
20. Get gorgeous artisan-made earrings by Portland artist
These are handmade in Portland by TheWoodenHome. (Yay, local art!)
21. Give these Oregon Is Calling And I Must Go Tee Shirts
They’re unisex, so they’re going to be perfect for your entire wedding party, bridesmaids and groomsmen alike! These are great to wear for bachelor and bachelorette parties, as well as getting ready before the wedding. By StagandPeachCo. See all the colors and buy here.
22. Give these Portland leather gifts to wedding party + parents
Support local artist BlessPDX and give quality handcrafted leather goods as gifts to your wedding party, parents… anyone! These are just a few of the beautiful Portland themed wedding gifts we spotted in their shop.
23. Additional Portland themed wedding gifts, like these, are popular
Coasters! By LaceGraceandPeonies.
These wine charms featuring popular things in Oregon (by LifeBaubles):
This Pacific Northwest candle gift set by Wax & Wane Candles:
This rad dish towel by Primitives By Kathy:
And these Portland beer glasses by saltyravenLLC.
Cause you know, you gotta keep Oregon beer’d. :) Sticker by KMcNairyDesign.
34. Add these Portland wedding table numbers to your reception
See them all Shanna Michele Designs.
35. And have guests find their seats with this themed chart
It features the Portland skyline. By ShannaMicheleDesigns.
36. Make a cool soda bar with these Portland syrups
From the popular Portland Soda Works! Try the sampler pack:
Ginger beer looks like a fun addition to your cocktails / bar (via here):
See rose cordial, vanilla spice, and so many other syrups here!
And just for fun… did you know you can get a Portlandia Cookbook, actually written by Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein? It’s true! Grab yours here. I can’t wait to read this one!
And there you have it: the weirdest Portland wedding ideas ever. And the coolest. Hey, what can we say, we love a good round-up!
If you liked this CitySeries, check out our others here!