We’re sharing the best state themed wedding ideas today! Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss future themed posts like this!
Hello, hello! We’ve heard of some pretty unique wedding themes, like a coffee themed wedding, a bird themed wedding, a school themed wedding, and a foodie themed wedding, but a state themed wedding is a fun new idea we’re excited to share. So, what is a state themed wedding? How can you plan one? Find out more about this fun and memorable concept and see fifty of the best state themed wedding ideas below!
50 State Themed Wedding Ideas
What is a state themed wedding? A state themed wedding is one that incorporates stylish – and subtle – state themed accents throughout its decor. For example, a Michigan couple might select a wedding save the date with a state outline, a wedding invitation featuring ‘the mitten’, and favors of Michigan cherry jam for guests. Its table numbers might be named after cities – Detroit, Lansing, Traverse City, Royal Oak, Romeo, Grand Rapids – rather than numbers, while programs might be shaped like the ‘mitten’ itself. A state themed wedding is ideal for a couple who met in the same state and share the same stately pride, or have lived in multiple states and plan to put roots into a new state together. A state themed wedding isn’t meant to be flooded in state-inspired decor; less is more. Instead, focus on a few subtle, unexpected details and decorative thematic elements.
Ready to be inspired? We’re helping you to get the ball rolling with fifty of the best state themed wedding ideas – all handmade! – for your big day. Read on and let us know which one you love most in our ‘comments’ section. Enjoy!
1. These wood favor magnets by Red Cloud Studio would make AMAZING favors for guests, particularly for a rustic wedding.
2. We’re loving this United States return address stamps by Felicette. Show your pride of all fifty states with this stamp — it’ll also save you time return addressing each one!
3. Place favors in adorable state-stamped bags, like these by Be Collective.
4. These miniature state pillows are adorable! Use ’em as favors or as a teeny, tiny ring pillow. By BEtimeless.
5. YUM! Sugar cookies shaped in a state make a perfectly themed dessert bar addition. Baked up with love by Cookie Fashionista.
6. Use your state themed wedding in your save the date, like this example by Archer and Olive
8. This one is just too cute for cute’s sake: a DIY state embroidery hoop kit. By Not So Modern Millie.
9. This Ohio-shaped state themed wedding invitation is one of our favorites yet! By The Paper Vow.
10. Make a special batch of brew from your hometown and gift as favors, decorated with these custom beer labels by Owl and Toad.
12. Go green! These eco-friendly state themed wedding favors are formed in a stately shape for guests to plant. By Nature Favors.
We spotted this stud earring set there, too! Show your Cali love…
15. These state themed wedding pins make charming favors for guests! Handcrafted by Distinct Designs Unlimited/a>.
16. Looking for a perfectly fitting guest book? We found it! By Melinda Wedding Design.
18. These cute mason jars make a great decoration at your reception (and afterward at home!) By Love Live N Create.
19. “Love from…” stickers are perfect as envelope seals on save the dates, invitations, or thank you cards! By Party Glamour Shop.
20. This cute cake topper features a rustic design. By Prince Whitaker.
21. State themed wedding postcards – like these by Noteworthy Paper Press – can be given to guests or sent as thank you cards.
22. The perfect cake topper for a state themed wedding? This map figurine cake topper by Concarta! Pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.
23. Rustic wedding? This state shaped cake topper is perfect! By Prince Whitaker.
24. Gift your wedding party with these leather luggage tags featuring a state design by Mesa Dreams.
25. Or, gift them with these charming custom map bottle openers by Daisy Mae Designs Shop.
26. Custom state lollipops are always a crowd-pleaser! Add ’em to your candy buffet. By A Pocketfull of Sweets.
27. Show off your reception site as art work upon a lovely canvas, beautifully designed by Geezees.
28. If you’re placing wine bottles at reception tables, add custom labels like these by 929 Designs.
29. Every bride-to-be (and her bridesmaids) need a custom tote bag! These state themed wedding totes stole my little handmade heart. By Bright Ideas by Rachael
30. If you love coffee or tea and your bridesmaids live in various states, these custom heart map mugs make a great gift. By Grey Skies Blue.
31. Custom map luminaries: awesome for reception tables. By Olden Designs.
32. Check out these colorful save the dates with a state print by Yellow Brick Graphics.
33. And these state-inspired invitations by Wide Eyes Design are incredible! Perfect for a rustic chic state themed wedding.
34. Need a guest book alternative? Give this puzzle a try! It’s state themed + fun for guests to sign. By Berkshire Bowls.
35. And, because I can’t get enough of embroidery hoops, I couldn’t resist sharing these by From My Hand to Your Art.
36. The perfect registry gift: a state shaped cutting board. By AHeirloom.
… and this one by Sarah Bonk Stitches. Display at your reception on a small easel near your guest book or cake table.
37. These next few items are great gifts for your bridal party: this vintage coin turns into a charming ring, crafted by Custom Coin Rings.
38. Wooden plaques (like this Ohio state one) make a great gift, too, handmade by Nuptial Notions.
39. Finally, these ‘home’ t shirts are such a fun idea for bridesmaids or groomsmen and can be found at The Home T.
40. Coming in at #40, this is the ultimate state themed wedding ring pillow, handmade by Love California. There are tons of state shaped throw pillows to love, too!
41. If guests are coming from out of state, greet them with cheerful welcome bags (by MD Cards and Gifts)…
42. …and a thank you tag by Darby Cards Nashville.
43. Have guests sign a map, which can be framed and displayed in your home after the big day. By Here and There Shop.
44. These state coasters are an ideal wedding favor. They are handcrafted by Elegant Elliephant in your choice of state.
45. Add a little state-inspired flair to your favor tags with this stamp by Whitney Rae Paper. I currently only see Texas, but ask nicely and you never know. ;)
46. Commemorate your wedding location with this custom map art by Eyecharts.
47. Start the “state” theme early with bridal shower invites that coordinate! By Lacey Fields.
48. I love these sweet little state themed ornaments: a great favor! By Truche.
50. … and the sweetest necklace ever. (By Hometown Haven).
Cute reception game idea! From ByFolks.
– – –
TELL US: Which one do you love most? Would you plan a state themed wedding? What state do you call home? Comment below! We want to hear from you!
– – –