Brides: if you’re planning a wine themed wedding, this is for you! You’ll love these fifty wine themed wedding ideas to help you plan an unbelievable ceremony and reception! With venue ideas, decorations, gifts, invitations, save the dates (and more!), planning a themed wedding like this one has never been easier. You can even try your hand at a few clever wine themed wedding DIYs! Read on to be inspired…
Wine Themed Wedding Ideas
1. Plan your wedding at a vineyard.
2. Or, plan a wedding at a winery, the perfect indoor setting.
3. Send cork save the dates.
I adore these cork coasters, too! (Also by Cork Country Cottage.)
4. Or send these cork magnet save the dates.
Another cool wine inspired wedding idea. By Corkey Creations.
5. Tell guests the date with coasters.
Or these wine stained save the dates (by Ruffhouse Art.
6. Send amazing wine themed wedding invitations.
I love these. By RuffhouseArt.
7. Select cork boutonnieres for groomsmen.
These are amazing! Plus, there are many colors and styles to choose from. By The Backyard Gardener.
8. Use these wine cork place cards at the head table.
9. Give wine as favors.
By Paper and Lace.
Too big? Try smaller bottles to save a little money! Use these mini wine bottle labels for extra personalization.
10. Have custom napkins made.
Include a cute saying, like “Eat, Drink & Be Married” or “May Your Glass Always Be Half Full”.
You can also upload custom designs or buy napkins here.
11. Plan a wine-tasting during cocktail hour.
See if a sommelier from the winery can assist.
12. Save a bottle of wine from the wedding for your one-year anniversary.
Place it in one of these for safe-keeping.
13. Have guests sign a wine barrel head instead of a traditional guest book.
14. Or, have guests sign wine bottles with this labels set.
15. Use wine bottles as table numbers.
You can get these wine table numbers at P27Creative.
16. Choose a color palette that incorporates a deep, wine color.
This napkin is one beautiful example available here.
17. Use these engraved cork place card holders.
These place card holders are made with cork and engraved with your initials! So cute. By Dutch Goldfinch.
18. Inside the holders, use these wine themed wedding place cards.
19. Have your photographer capture a ring shot, like this.
20. Register for one of these cool cork letters to display at your wedding (and afterward at home).
21. Use these amazing cork place card holders.
22. Serve wine, cheese, fruit, and crackers as appetizers during cocktail hour.
You can get a sampler pack of some wine favorites here.
23. Place wine bottles in burlap bags as table numbers.
24. Use escort cards made of cork, like these.
25. Ask your girls to be my bridesmaid with these cute wine glass tags.
By Anthologie Press.
26. Use wine crates and lights to decorate your space.
Surprisingly, you can source them easily from here.
For lighting, use these twinkle lights from Electric Crowns inside recycled bottles.
27. Give favors to guests that coordinate with your theme, like wine bottle stoppers.
These heart topper favors are really perfect and inexpensive!
I really love these leaf wine bottle stoppers, too. By Beau-coup.
Or these cool stemless wine glass favors (from here in bulk):
You can also get personalized stemless wine glasses for favors from Beau-coup.
28. Ask bridesmaids to be in your wedding with a personalized bottle of wine.
Label by Paper and Lace.
Ahh, I love these mini bottle labels, too!
29. Use this clever guest book alternative.
By Ngo Creations.
30. Wrap bridesmaid bouquets in these cork wraps and add a pretty ribbon.
31. Gift groomsmen with wine barrels (can be used as whiskey barrels, if they prefer).
By Cathy’s Concepts.
32. Make these cork-filled candles for reception tables.
33. Hang “Mr” and “Mrs” cork chair signs at your sweetheart or head table.
34. Learn how to cut wine bottles for candle holders.
35. Plan a honeymoon in Napa Valley.
Stay at bed-and-breakfasts. Drink wine and eat cheese. Relax in wine country.
36. Perform a wine ceremony during the wedding ceremony.
Instead of a candle ceremony, the couple nails the lid on a wine box which holds a wine bottle and letters written from the bride and groom to be opened on their 25th wedding anniversary. This wine ceremony box is one example (by Country Barn Babe):
37. Make wine bottle torches for light at night.
Get a diy tutorial here.
38. Offer ‘dancing shoes’ (flip flops) to guests.
Place them in an old wine barrel.
You can get cheap flip flops in bulk here.
39. Have your ‘first look’ in the vineyard.
41. Have guests sign corks; place in this cork holder box and hang in your home.
42. Buy bride and groom wine glasses for your engagement.
Use them for sipping before, during, and after your wedding. You’ll definitely want to toast with some aged cabernet — you can get some here. It makes a great engagement gift idea! By Crystal Peace Studio.
43. Use wine bottle table numbers (+ display your menu, too!)
44. Give groomsmen these wine corkscrews as gifts.
Or these unique wine barrel cuff links from Olive and Poppy:
45. Give these personalized wine glasses to bridesmaids.
These sip sip hooray wine glasses are cute, too!
46. Use these recycled wine bottle candles for a romantic glow at night.
They’re made from recycled wine bottles! By Napa Uncorked.
Or thesewine bottle candle holders:
47. Use one of these wine boxes as a card holder.
48. Give these wine bottle stoppers as favors.
49. Give these personalized wine charms as bridesmaid gifts.
By Karas Vineyard.
50. Adorn your wedding cake with this adorable cake topper.
By Anna Crafts.
And don’t forget themed decorations like this “You Had Me at Merlot” sign and “The Wine List” chalkboard, spotted at Less Than Average Height:
And these cute cookies! By Baking In Heels:
51. Give these wine boxes as a wedding gift to a favorite couple
They make a great anniversary gift, too! From here.
And of course… before you get started, you’ll need a wine glass for YOU. :) Here’s one that we love (by NaluPartyEssentials.
Are you planning a wine themed wedding? Which ideas will you be using?
Tell us in the comments below!